8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well I was taught to push your entire foot to clutch in and out. I think it's easier to control that way.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
mrk said:
Well I was taught to push your entire foot to clutch in and out. I think it's easier to control that way.
not for me. the only time i do that is to start up the car. other than that my heel is on the floor. maybe when im at the track and racing

·
Registered
326 Posts
Typically depends where and how im driving. If i want to quickly shift through gears and get up to speed fast, then the whole foot. If im on a curvy road i typically pivot my ankle because i find that this gives me better control of the engine without being tensed up the entire time.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
i use the ball of my foot only.

theres no way the heel could touch the floor, because i dont press the clutch in thet far.

the clutch only needs to go in about 1"-1.5" to change gears, and about 2-2.5" probably to be completly in, and the entire travel is about 5-6" probably.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
e60.deluxe said:
i use the ball of my foot only.

theres no way the heel could touch the floor, because i dont press the clutch in thet far.

the clutch only needs to go in about 1"-1.5" to change gears, and about 2-2.5" probably to be completly in, and the entire travel is about 5-6" probably.
+1 I only use the ball of my foot and don't depress the clutch completely to the floor. I only depress the clutch all the way when starting.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Will06SI said:
I always clutch in all the way to shift i never do it half way !
+1 & some ppl wonder why they have a 2nd/3rd gear grind. lol i always put my foot firmly to the floorboard before completing a shift. lol

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
SOLO8thGenSi said:
+1 & some ppl wonder why they have a 2nd/3rd gear grind. lol i always put my foot firmly to the floorboard before completing a shift. lol
+2!!!

And to the original poster, IIR, I usually have my heel on the floor when pressing the clutch but sometimes take it off during the process of releasing the clutch... I don't recall for sure, I do it out of second nature....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts