8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving in the slower lanes well behind a semi (about 100ft) and all of a sudden, I see a brownish-white colored rock the size of a nickel in diameter impact my windshield right in front of my face. It was loud as hell and scared the crap out of me. There is now two small rock chips one on top of the other on the glass right above the speedometer. From the sound of the impact and the size of the rock, i was surprised it didn't crack the windshield. Anyway, does anyone know how to buff out or smooth out the chip so it's not that noticeable? It is right in my L.o.S. and is a bit annoying.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
You can't 'buff out' a chip. Buffing only works for very very shallow scratches.

Try something like a window chip 'filler' I guess would be the right word for it. My dad got a prettty nasty chip in his windshield and got this kit. He put this thing over it, and then attached a syringe filled w/ some liquidy plastic (I'm assuming) stuff and pressed it into the chip, and then the other piece from the kit kept it on there and smooth. When he took it off, it was pretty decent.

Sorry that explanation totally sucked.. but hopefully you get the idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts