8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my car in at the dealership currently for a CEL. They told me its a MAF sensor and a coolant temp sensor. The MAF sensor is easy and I have an aem CAI. However, I don't know how to replace the coolant temp sensor. I know it's the sensor located on the radiator but was wondering if someone could help me out in figuring out how to replace it so I don't have to pay their outrageous charges. However, it may just be worth it so I dont get coolant everywhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much appreciated. I think I am going to just have the dealer handle the replacement. I know it's Sensor 2 in the radiator and I don't want to mess around with draining the coolant and everything. Thanks for your help with that!

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
draining the coolant is easier than you think. put a tray under the radiator, unscrew plug , let drain. you actually dont even need to remove any panels to drain the radiator. you dont need to drain the coolant in the engine to replace that sensor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
about to do this myself as my check engine light came on and codes were p0111 and p2183, can someone post a pic of location of ect 2, ones I found online were too fuzzy to clearly see it, thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! Do you know what these part #'s are so I can find online?

Thanks

Blake
I've been trying to find the OEM part#s myself since Ebay and other sites say a sensor should fit but is different from next site whereas both sites say in fine print to check number against OEM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts