8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove the gas door from a 2008 Honda Civic Si Coupe and I am having difficulty. The hinge is riveted to the gas door and bolted to the quarter panel. The whole piece extends under the quarter panel and is blocked by a plastic guard that wraps around the gas tank pipe and underneath it a rubber matting that is obstructing me from pulling the complete door out. I couldn't remove the rubber guard with ease, I don't want to use excess force and break something.

Anyone have experience removing the gas door on this generation of Civic? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I saw you put this as a question on yahoo answers and were given:

"should be able to get at it from inside the trunk. You have to undo the buttons that keep trunk liner attached to the left wall"

Did this pan out?

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Didn't think it would be this hard. I'll have a look at mine later if I have free time. I was already thinking of overlaying it myself to save some cash.

Unless one of you wants to sell the stock one for like $10 shipped lol. I already know how cheap the ebay ones are now too muah haha.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Is that a screw in the right side of the rubber/plastic liner there in that pic? Like on the words "remove slowly", the bottom of the Y in the picture you posted is pointing at what I am talking about.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
best i can do right now

1. Remove that plastic piece by the door hinge
2. Remove 2 bolts
3. Remove screw on the right side
4. Pull out the door from under the plastic piece (it only goes around the side, not the inside).
5. Remove plastic leash from the door attached to the gas knob thingy and put on new door
6. Repeat steps backwards to install new door

If you get stuck, send me a PM and i'll give u my phone number to talk u through it

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
this is exactly what i was looking for like 2 weeks ago when i got a dent right in front of my gas lid and i wanted to take it off so a PDR guy could get in there easier. but i just figured it out then myself.. just do what these guys are saying.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
best i can do right now
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l161/kennyg21/door.jpg[/G]

1. Remove that plastic piece by the door hinge
2. Remove 2 bolts
3. Remove screw on the right side
4. Pull out the door from under the plastic piece (it only goes around the side, not the inside).
5. Repeat steps backwards to install new door

If you get stuck, send me a PM and i'll give u my phone number to talk u through it[/QUOTE]

and there you go :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts