8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to get some old wax residue off my lower front grill area, and i noticed soap and water doesnt work.
What do i use to get it off my black plastic?

·
Registered
635 Posts
also when i was in high school teachers used to yell in the winter to the guys with jackets on, "JACKET OFF" .... in which case the answer was "Are you sure?"

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Come on guys im serious here. I got little specs of wax all over my black trim, and its pissing me off.
ISO alcohal will work? does it work good?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Peanut butter works great - no joke. Smooth PB - rub it in with your fingers, let it sit for a few minutes, and rub it out with a MF towel. Wax off! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
A real answer, no joke!

You detailers sure are a bunch of jokers.
I also dislike getting white wax deposits on black plastic parts. Here's how I clean them:

Use an old toothbrush and either some 409 or detailing spray (whichever is handier) and spray the BRUSH, not the plastic. Gently brush off the deposits, wipe off the cleaner, and then apply some Armorall or Meguiar's plastic/rubber preservative. This works for me.

I read some place else that "professional" detailers treat the plastic parts BEFORE they wax a vehicle, so any wax that gets on the plastic won't stick. Seems like a good idea to me!

·
Registered
808 Posts
haha my friend said he wanted to wax my rx8 last summer so i agreed..well he got it allll over my plastic trim and it owuldnt come off with ANYTHING..then a week or so later i decided to shine up the plastic with armour all and it took it off!! in short, use armour all

1 - 20 of 27 Posts