8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's almost time for me to have to go and get a new inspection sticker so i was wondering where you guys were going (houston area)?

I'm a little worried because my car has an exhaust+race header which = no cat! I have no CEL though because of my Cobb AP. I've been researching around and it seems like most places just do an obdII scan check so no CEL= pass. *BUT* some places, depending on the inspector, will do a visual check for a cat and if that happens I'm screwed...

i might have to fab my oem cat shield on if all else fails...ive seen a few members do this..

I'd rather not do dirty business and have to slip the guy a few bucks to pass me like some of my friends haha so does anyone have any suggestions? help?

·
Registered
33 Posts
ahhh you're in cypress. Theres a place i got mine done in SE houston and they didnot check to see if i had a cat. I had one when i got it checked but no visual check

·
Registered
279 Posts
i've gotten my inspection twice for my car, i also had a race header but they would never check, our cars are so new they dont require smog test in most places!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts