8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While on a road trip earlier this week, I noticed that my A/C controls got abnormally hot at one point. I found it odd but didn't think much of it at that point. The next day my A/C stopped working and I could smell burnt wires coming from the center vents. All the controls appear to work fine but the A/C will not kick in. Everything else seems fine.

I'm assuming something burned up behind the controls and I'm hoping nothing else was affected. Has anyone else had any similar experiences? I should be dropping my car off that the local dealer next week.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
turn the car on and turn the A/C button on and look down to your compressor (probably on your passenger side towards the front of the engine bay) i dont have an SI to say for myself, but see if you see it click to engage and click to turn off. If you cant find it that way, watch your revs to drop a little when you push the A/C button.

I'm guessing relay went bad and compressor isnt kicking on anymore.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dropped the car off yesterday afternoon and naturally it starts working then. They supposedly took a look at everything today and didn't find any issues. What I'm finding odd is that there was no record of me in their records on two different occasions, once when I called for an update and once when I was picking the car. It's making me think they saw that my A/C was working and they didn't bother to do anything at all. It didn't seem like there was any record of me ever being there to begin with.

Everything seems fine now but if anything comes up again, I will definitely be going to a different dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.