8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a diy on how to replace a hood with a cf hood? ive been looking around to see if there is one. no luck. thanks in advance whoever links me or helps.

i dont want to screw up so i wanna see some directions before i go on and replace it.

·
Registered
920 Posts
it's not hard, just need a buddy to make it easier for you.

4 screws in total, 2 on each side of the hood. it's a 10mm if i remember correctly, just loosen the bolts on one side then loosen them on the other and lift the hood off then place the cf hood on the hinges and tighten the bolts.

you might have to loosen and retighten the bolts to get the hood aligned :thumb:

·
Registered
8,546 Posts

4 screws in total, 2 on each side of the hood. it's a 10mm if i remember correctly, just loosen the bolts on one side then loosen them on the other and lift the hood off then place the cf hood on the hinges and tighten the bolts.

you might have to loosen and retighten the bolts to get the hood aligned :thumb:
thats all it is. 10mm is correct. if you have someone help you its MUCH easier

·
Registered
744 Posts

mainly just unbolt and rebolt back up and yea another person helping you will make the process much quicker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts