8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Seibon Carbon Fiber hood today and I am trying to install it, but how the hell do you get the stock hood off? I opened the hood and took the 4 bolts out, but the hood looks like it is welded to the brackets. The new hood does not come with brackets so i am assuming I re-use the stock one, so what gives? How do I get the hood off?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
That usually happens after the hood has been on for quite some time. Have a friend hold the other side & with one hand on the hood & one on the hanger piece, push them apart on each side.

If that doesn't work, try tapping on the piece with a rubber mallet (assuming you can fit it in there).

If THAT doesn't work, try wedging a butter knife or something similarly thin in there, though you risk scratching it this way.

Good luck!

·
Registered
944 Posts
there is some strong as doubble sided tape in there, i went through the same thing with my cf hood, i was like wtf and started looking for more screws lol. good luck.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I had to put a little effort into it and it came right off. I just didn't want to break anything in the process!

+ Rep to both of you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts