8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been reading up on hondata, wanted to know what the major bennifitts and or pros/cons are to the flash for my SI... aswell as where you notice the most gains/shortcomings as for as specific gears or RPMS... all input and ANY additional info on the subject would be helpfull... ps, is it really worth the 500$+???

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what he said.. haha waaay too much info.. just hoping i could save some hours as im looking for some input before i spring for it... and yes, i am reading other threads on the subj. as we speak.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks r18, ive been looking at the site... looking for some input from users rather then hondata's sites stats etc

·
Banned
441 Posts
U might like more mid-range for day 2 day drivin. if u go w/ the hondata reflash, go w/ a race header, high flow cat and catback exhaust. skip the intake.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Royce said:
kool, what exactly does the race header do? (compared to stock header)
replaces the header and takes away the cat, IMO you are better off just replacing the cat w/ a high flow one and leaving the stock header in. Running catless your car will smell, but much louder, contribute to global warming even more, have the ability to shoot flames (well, sort of), and you can get fined for $xx,xxx if the police see you have no cat and feel like writing you a ticket.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
you dont NEED a race header.... you need an intake and/or a race header

im not going to mess with my headers... the installation is tough and i dont wanna be deleting my cat... i figure ill have plenty of air with CAI, evo2, and possibly TB spacer... sickyute even said you dont need a RH and the reflash works well without it, its just that it will give you alot of perfomance.. hehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts