8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
This may sound like a dumb question but am I going to really need to get the flashpro from Hondata if I get the stage 2 reflash with the kit? How much better could it get since Hondata will have already worked there magic on my ecu specifically for the CT-E stage 2?
you could expect another 10-15whp with no other changes other then getting a professional tune with the flashpro vs the reflash.
it will be set up 100% for your car at your altitude and be able to change more factors then the reflash.

IF it can do what i think it can. llike kpro does.
only hondata could answer that correctly though.

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
a lot of people are talking about this...

the reflash is optimized for the CT stgII...I suspect if you bought the flashpro on top of everything you had you probably wouldn't be able to get much more power out of your setup without compromising reliability...
rsx guys are running the 3.15 pulley just like us only there making 300whp and above. with just kpro as the difference. and many of them choose rc 650's instead of the ct injectors.

stage 2 was hitting around 287 if i remember hondata's website dynos.

thats a big difference. the reflash can't control cam angles and ignition as well as kpro or the flashpro so there is more power to be made imo.

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 · (Edited)
"Hondata:

If I answered in the thread it would get lost.

The reason for the setting of the date for the CT stage 2 upgrade for next week was for us to prepare for this release.

This was to allow you the choice of the reflash upgrade or waiting for the FlashPro.

Doug"

i totally understand this and i and many otheres would have chosen the Flashpro
but we were part of a presale that started a month ago before any release dates were official for either stage 2 OR the flashpro.

i tried to pm this back to you but your pms are disabled. sorry.

i just want to divert the 475 i spent on the presale for the reflash only towards the flashpro and i'll happily pay the difference.

i think thats fair since i havent even sent you guys my ecu yet. and this would be my 3rd reflash i've paid for already anyway.

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
hondata.. thanks for all your responses to my questions. you guys are awesome.

heres my question. i know it obviously depends on the tunner but i'm still trying to decide whether or not it will be worth it for me to get the flashpro vs the stage 2 reflash. some have said no some say yes.

do you think there would be a comparable difference between the flashpro being tunned on the dyno vs the stage 2 kit reflash?
i personally was thinking it would be as high as 10-15whp difference. but others have said no?
nate at ct told people it would only be like a 3whp difference? is the stage 2 flash that good?

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 · (Edited)
yeah sean charges 375 flat rate for kpro tunning so i assume this would be the same.. then i'm lookin at another 300 bucks on top of the 475 i prepaid for the reflash if josh would let me switch.. so...

additional money to me would be 675 dollars to get tunned.. or...
0 money and run the reflash since i already paid for the reflash..

i'm affraid i'm gonna run the reflash and then slowly save up for a year or so and get the flashpro a 3 inch pulley. and some methanol. maybe some rc 650's while i'm at it.

thanks slow4drsi you helped me finnaly decide.

almost 700 dollars for 5-10whp isn't gonna be worth it for me with the parts i currently have... however if and when i buy the flashpro and i drop some more cash on a smaller pulley and some methanol then it will be really really worth it.

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 · (Edited)
your going to make more hp per dollar with FI then you will NA thats how its always been and always will be. FI is more efficient and cost effective then NA.
it would be even cheaper still to run the comptech sc stage 2 set up on the reflash. all of the parts you currently have will work with the sc except your pullies. those need to go back to stock.

ct stage 2 with your full bolt ons is gonna be 285-290whp on the reflash. probably 300whp on the flash pro but more costly. its really up to you.
flash pro offers more freedom though for future upgrades. cuz no matter what you do or route you go once you have the flashpro you need simply re tune and your good to go.

i'm going with the flash cuz i already paid for it and it will suite my goals.. however if i was to do it all over again from day 1 i would buy the stage 2 kit with the flash pro as a kit and have it tunned. more costly but worth it.

i however am gonna wait cuz stage 2 reflash vs stage 2 with flashpro is gonna be damn close. if and when i upgrade to flashpro im gonna drop the pulley even more and run meth so its really worth my while :p

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
if your goal is only 300whp.. get the stage 2 flash. your gonna be right there .. if you wanna push the envelope get a 3inch pulley and run the flash pro with some rc 650 injectors and methanol. ;)

if and when i get the flashpro imma really make it worth my while so i can feel the difference.

3inch pulley. rc 650cc injectors methanol injection and steigemiester race port job for my blower. then have her all tunned up.

thats along ways away though.. thats gonna set me back quite the price tag.
would love to see someone else try it though.

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 · (Edited)
i wonder how much that is gonna cost... i'd love to be intercooled.

might be cheaper to get meth.. a 3inch pulley and port the blower though :p tune it all up after that. should be good for 330-350whp.
ported blowers FTW.

i wish i had like 2 grand right now. lol i've got all these ideas.. too bad the cash flow is weak right now :p

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
hm... its probably gonna be around 3k dollars to get the flashpro, redshift manifold and intercooler,3inch pulley,650 injectors,have steigemeister port the blower, and tune for around 350whp...
ORRRRRRRRRRR.

i could keep my stage 2 the way it is for 2 years.. part out and sell my SI or sell it as is and then buy a gt500...
lol decisions decisions..

v8 + boost always = win though.

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
They usually do a street tune AND a dyno tune. Gotta get those AFR's right, and the part throttle tuning too. Took my tuner like 30 dyno pulls and 2 days of street tuning to get my car setup just right. Not really looking forward to paying another $600 for another tune once I get my new setup...
why can't they just tune for different speeds/rpms while on the dyno?
its not like you have to go from idle to redline with every pull. you can just do partial pulls and leave it at a certain mph or only do a certain rev range for midrange tunning.

dynapack + good tunner ftw.
street tune ftl.

church chargers 375 flat rate for kpro tunning. i'm sure it will be around the same for flashpro.. those of you paying over 500.. lol your getting ripped off.

· Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
the street tune is good for checking real world engine load. being strapped down to the rollers slightly affects how the motor performs as it accelerates.
hm.. same for a dynapack? i figured it wouldn't be enough of a difference to bother with it. (street tunning) that is.
i could be wrong though. never tunned a turbo set up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.