8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have time to call Hondata, barely have time to make this post.

For those of you who know. Will it be possible to Swap a Hondata Reflashed ECU from a 06 Si to another 06 Si that has a stock ECU, and have it work?

Cause I have people telling me possible, and people telling me that it wont work.

thanks guy.:thumb:

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
jeremy0203 said:
the stock ecu will work but only after it is programmed by a honda dealership to work with the other car, the hondata reflashed one u are **** outta luck cuz it would be f'ed up when its taken to honda to get changed to work on the other car
Why is the Hondata ECU F'd up?

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Yes you can. But you need to know someone that works at Honda to re-code the keys and get the ecu number for the immobilizer.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I answered my own question, heres the reasons why you wont be able too, and reason how you can.:thumb:

Why can't Hondata just send an ECU

The ignition key has a serial number. The ECU and Immobilizer are programmed with the same serial number from the factory. If the serial numbers do not match the car will get no fuel or spark. Therefore if we sent a new ECU your car would not start, and you would have to have it towed to an Acura/Honda dealership for reprogramming the immobilizer. This would also double the price of the Hondata upgrade.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I will agree that most stealerships suck but there are a few good ones out there(Holler Honda). Luckily I have one that is cool & they flushed & refilled my tranny for free two weeks ago.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have an idea. Go ahead and swap the ecu into the car you want to try it on. Next take a small phillips screwdriver and take the key apart and take the chip out of the new cars key. Take your chip and put it in the one you just took out and then voila done. When your finished swap it back.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jeremy0203 said:
good luck on finding someone at the dealership hopefully they wont be hesitant to do this for you
I know people. So I dont have to worry about nothing.

Thanks though guys.:wavey:

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lucky_Bagota said:
Have an idea. Go ahead and swap the ecu into the car you want to try it on. Next take a small phillips screwdriver and take the key apart and take the chip out of the new cars key. Take your chip and put it in the one you just took out and then voila done. When your finished swap it back.
Does work that way, good thought though.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
02civicsi said:
Did you ever get a hold of TPD?
Nah, I try calling them at work, but they dont seem to pick up the phone.

And I havent had time to email them, but I did P.M them on this site, no response yet.

·
Registered
431 Posts
About $75-$100 depending on dealership and finding one that is willing to do it. I have had my fair share of dealerships not wanting to do it and found one that would. Basically they just swap ECU's and plug their PGM then punch in the VIN number/Serial number. About 15 minutes max to do it after the wait tfor them to get to your car lol.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If you got "DEEP POCKETS", just go to a dealer, and tell them your car got broken into, and they popped your hood, and stole your ECU. So pay for a new one, and get it programmed, so you got 2 ECU's, in which you can get one reflashed, and keep one stock. lol!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Dealer will rape you on a new ecu, just order one from collegehillshonda.com for about $300 shipped new and take it to them lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts