8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know how to reprogram hondata reflash? cause i'm buying one from one of 8thcivicers and i have no idea how to program this.. and also i don't want to take it to a hondata dealer and get charged extra money..

·
Registered
380 Posts
samx109 said:
does anybody know how to reprogram hondata reflash? cause i'm buying one from one of 8thcivicers and i have no idea how to program this.. and also i don't want to take it to a hondata dealer and get charged extra money..

I dont quite know what your asking because Hondata reflash is done by Hondata. You send them your ECU and they ship it back to you with the reflash on it. Your cant purchase another persons ECU because the code on your ECU must match the code on Key to start the car. Clear up your question and maybe some one can help you...

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
samx109 said:
You need someone with an HIM/HDS that can change the immobilzer code and VIN. If your car is an early 2006 model, then you will run into other issues. I could help you out, but honestly I would charge you for my time (minimal amount) merely to help offset the amount that I paid for the HIM/HDS.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
If you're talking about Hondata (4500 Vtec kick and 8600 redline), the ecu upgrade from Hondata, then you have to do this through an authorized dealer. You can not purchase this from another person unless they are authorized. They authorized dealer will send this to Hondata, they will reflash your ECU then send it back to you. If you talking about the one from Honda, then you can do this at any dealer.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
I was assuming by the initial post that Sam was buying an ECM that already has the Hondata reflash from another member where Sam could then use the same ECM on his car.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I just called the dealer and he said he is not sure what to do and to call hondata personally and ask them,the dealer i called has only seen 2 cars with hondata mine and someone else's, but has never done any kind of reprogramming before,but he said he knows it can be done but just dont know the details.

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yea eric (blueroadster) is right.. i already bought a hondata reflashed ECU from hondaonchrome and i was just wondering how i could reprogram my immobilizer. i called my honda dealer and hondata and they told me only honda/acura dealer can reprogram the immobilizer unless if someone has a program to reprogram it. my honda dealer(jim coleman) offered me 75~100dollars but i'm not exactly sure if that's including labor fee and other stuff.. so right now i'm looking for a good dealer (or someone) who can reprogram my immobilizer for cheaper price than jimcoleman...

btw eric, did you say you have a program for it? HIM/HDS or w/e?

well udumkid said would help me out but he lives in VA and that's pretty far from my area.. i'll probably spend 20~25dollars on gas from going back and forth

and i still need to find out if jimcoleman is charging 100dollars + labor fee or including labor fee so i'll call them and let you guys know by tomorrow

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blueroadster said:
You need someone with an HIM/HDS that can change the immobilzer code and VIN. If your car is an early 2006 model, then you will run into other issues. I could help you out, but honestly I would charge you for my time (minimal amount) merely to help offset the amount that I paid for the HIM/HDS.
so it still has issues when hondachrome has an 06 model?

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GenghisKon said:
I dont quite know what your asking because Hondata reflash is done by Hondata. You send them your ECU and they ship it back to you with the reflash on it. Your cant purchase another persons ECU because the code on your ECU must match the code on Key to start the car. Clear up your question and maybe some one can help you...
the ECU i have was already reflashed from previous owner (hondachrome) i bought the Hondata Reflashed ECU from him and i'm wondering if someone can reprogram my immobilizer for cheap.

and yes, swapping ECUs can work as long as you reprogram the immobilizer (aka recoding i suppose..)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts