8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the hondata reflash void the warranty, and is it possible to get two ECUs and be able to swap between the two and trick any honda personel?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
will the hondata reflash void the warranty, and is it possible to get two ECUs and be able to swap between the two and trick any honda personel?
It's gonna void warranty. Unless they prove that the reflash did something to the motor. And yes you can buy a whole new ecu and have it programed for your SI.

·
Registered
807 Posts
But it will caust you.If your going to MOD thats the price you pay.However the reflash
seems to be stable.I have it and I have no worys.But I do shift at 8000.;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have the reflash for like 4 months now. I think you will be fine with the warranty. Get it its my best mod to date!!!:vtec:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
This would only void your "engine" warranty, not the whole warranty.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
They would have to prove that the re-flash ruined whatever was at question.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
They would have to prove that the re-flash ruined whatever was at question.
I have seen a lot of argument about the reflash voiding the warranty because of the raised rev limit and floating valves etc. The main reason the warranty was voided because the engine was over revved, not because the reflash. Also the dealer will say many things to get you to just bow down. All they can do is deny your claim report their findings and its the zone rep that has the authority to do anything. All they can do if it's legit is put a warranty block on the particular components. This can happen erroneously as it did to me back in 2000 and I had to take legal action.

All I have to say is show me any case(in depth) where the Hondata reflash voided the warranty or the claim was denied and I'll show you the real reason.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
where are you getting the info from?and exactly what can it damage besides the ecm?
If a manufacture can pinpoint an issue ( Say float a valve ) directly cause by aftermarket equipement ( Hondata reving to 8700 or wereever ) then they CAN tell you your SOL.

They motor was designed my honda, and had a redline for a reason, now its not to say that it'll be fine, but im just using that as an example.

They cant refuse warranty work on a suspension part due to the ECM, but because it has been tampered with, and reflashed, its beond there control, and everything the ECU can " touch " in a sense could be grounds for warranty expiration.

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-2669.html

·
Registered
93 Posts
i dont see honda not covering a o2 sensor because of a reflash not to mention not the average technician will take apart the ecm . the conclusing if the cel was for a o2 sensor comeback will be faulty ecm and will be replaced

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
i dont see honda not covering a o2 sensor because of a reflash not to mention not the average technician will take apart the ecm . the conclusing if the cel was for a o2 sensor comeback will be faulty ecm and will be replaced
You do know they run there computers through ours to see what codes are thrown, and can see a differance in the ecu right?

·
Registered
93 Posts
the only thing i see that is void is the ecm if there is a on going cel it will come down to be a faulty ecm that will fix the problehem and if amh inspects the ecm and determines that it was because of modifacation they will contact you

1 - 20 of 98 Posts