8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I'm a bit early on this but hey, gotta start sometime, right?

I wonder if the ECU is going to be like the 2002-04 RSX-S's, the 05-06 RSX-S, the TSX's or a completely brand new one.

I'm guessing it's unlikely to see the 2002-04 RSX-S's since it could be outdated. The 05+ RSX-S needs the older ECU and an adapter harness (but I believe I heard they were close to cracking the ECU). Also the TSX is drive by wire like this new Civic (if I'm not mistaken) whereas the RSX-S is not. I don't know if this has any bearing on ECU compatibility. Also the TSX only has a reflash out and not K-Pro as far as I know.

I guess it'll be some time before anyone know much about the Civic's Si's ECU... :(

·
Registered
436 Posts
I hope they do the reflash for the R18. im sure there is room for more power.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The motor is a k20z3 which is totally new. Now, the K100 may work but we will have to see what hondata says about that!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing the ECU is closer to the TSX's because of the drive by wire system. This could either mean we can benefit from the research on the TSX (in which I believe there's only reflash at the moment) or we'd have to wait another year or two before Hondata... :(

But I'm very certain that Hondata cannot ignore this market so no worries there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts