8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Long would u guys say it takes to instal the hondata Intake manifold gasket? an how hard is it ?

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
VERY time consuming. Proper tools are a MUST. It aint happening unless you have everything required.

It might take a Noob 3+ hours easy. Get someone experienced to help. Like a local 8th member.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I installed the heat shield gasket and it took me about 2 hours. I didn`t remove the intake manifold. Just used the double nut method to remove the two upper studs from the cylinderhead. Then removed all the remaining intake manifold bolts, loosened one of the bolts from the bracket underneath the intake manifold and angled out the thin metal gasket. Squeezed in the Hondata gasket and installed everything back in reversed order.
Lost just a bit of coolant, topped off the radiator and bled the system. Sorted.

·
Banned
164 Posts
If you want it done right take your time. Don't forget to drain your radiator cuz it will leak Inside towards your valves.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK an i order cams stage for my civic si .. Is it true i will need valvs an retainers or springs for it to run safelyy????

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
stage what? with stage one u dont need cams but its recommended for two and up. if ur going in there you might as well buy valve train.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts