1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic SI
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Car in question 2008 Civic SI Sedan

as the title states, if you had a choice which would be your choice of next mod?

as a back drop, I am doing a lot of driving this coming summer including a 5 day road trip which includes a lot of Smokey mountains, tail of the dragon, foothills parkway etc. Question is...open to all opinions and rationale, do you think a nice set of summer tires (indy firehawks) would get me the most enjoyment, or actually getting Flashpro and tuning. (since roughly they both would be in the 600-700 dollar range)

Currently on a off brand performance based all season tire which I've run on a few different cars and they handle quite nicely considering its all season, lots of life left, and current mods are Megan RR catback, K&N typhoon CIA, new sparkplug (NGK), Sportline springs (2 inch drop). (all necessary maintenance done at 134,000 miles)

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Seeing how you already have some power mods it might be better to do the Flashpro. Lowering the VTEC rpm and unlocking another 30hp will improve the car a lot. Unless you are planning on really pushing the car in the corners then I dont think tires are gonna make a huge difference. Also that they are new then I would just keep running them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Seeing how you already have some power mods it might be better to do the Flashpro. Lowering the VTEC rpm and unlocking another 30hp will improve the car a lot. Unless you are planning on really pushing the car in the corners then I dont think tires are gonna make a huge difference. Also that they are new then I would just keep running them.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic SI
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks both of you guys. Think I’m leaning toward Flashpro right now. I push my car hard in the turns but this isn’t track driving at this point!

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic SI
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:

Picked up a flashpro with bluetooth, after some tweaking and different basemaps. found a good fit that is giving good datalogs so far. All i can say is wow, a much more interactive car to work with now. Even though the gains in power are probably small without a true dialed in tune, its still noticeable.

thanks all you weighed in, looking forward to adding more and growing into this car even more!
Hope everyone is staying safe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts