8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with an Si reflashed by hondata without any other mods. do you really lose alot of power. all i have is a K&N and hfp axleback. don't really want to get into too much modding, but would like some kind of tune to help as i'm sure it's not an optimized tune from the factory. it just takes so long to get to vtec. i came from a 528whp EG hatch and an evo MR, and my Si is like having turbolag without the turbo. in vtec, it's a fun car, but it just takes so much revving. the 4800 rpm crossover of the hondata sounds appealing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hondafan528 said:
just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with an Si reflashed by hondata without any other mods. do you really lose alot of power. all i have is a K&N and hfp axleback. don't really want to get into too much modding, but would like some kind of tune to help as i'm sure it's not an optimized tune from the factory. it just takes so long to get to vtec. i came from a 528whp EG hatch and an evo MR, and my Si is like having turbolag without the turbo. in vtec, it's a fun car, but it just takes so much revving. the 4800 rpm crossover of the hondata sounds appealing.
now is your k&N just a drop in filter, or an intake system? i'm pretty sure you won't lose any power with those bolt-ons. from what i have on my si, injen sri and injen axle-back, the reflash made a lot of power! is the hfp axle back less restrictive than the stock unit?if so, i would recommend go forward with the reflash. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts