8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the site and it said a header would cause the engine to run
lean.So I was thinken Insted of header ill get the reflash.Or is it a good thing
to run lean. I mean I was going to get the DCRH then the reflash.But now
I think reflash then DCRH.....???? Or it dont matter what order as long as
I end up with both.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
"(*Note that current race headers eliminate the catalytic converter and will generate a check engine light. This engine check light is for emissions and will not affect the car's performance. Race headers are for offroad use only)

You must have a minimum of an intake or header.

It is not designed to work with a stock 06/07 Civic Si and will lose power between 4500rpm and 5600 rpm if installed."

straight form the hondata website

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got CAI,cat back 2.5,spacer,NST pullys,Wall Mart shift knob it looks like a momo.Thinken next header.....in the end S/C.But that wont be for 2 or 3 yr.
However if you read a little more it says header will cause engine to run lean.
Now I plan to add a high flow to the header that might help the "lean"thing.
MY BAD it says headers will NOT cause the engine to run lean. Ooops.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have the header,reflash,spacer,img,stock airbox W/filter,pullys, and HFP muffler... Before the reflash i had everything and the AF was great on the dyno.. with the Hondata its a tad on the rich side but makes alot more power.. so to answer the queston the maf will change the af for most mods.. so the af will be the same..... the reflash changes the af setting in the ecu so it will a bit more power.. also most of the intakes have the maf built into them so the tend to run a bit rich.. thats why i stayed with the stock airbox... i am making 205WHP with a stock airbox and exhaust..well i have a hfp muffler but thats it...so... the DCRH is the best bang for the buck you can to with our cars... $360 for 10-14 WHP...then a Reflash and the car fells alot quicker and sounds awsome...

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Why don't you get a CAI first (If you don't have one) then get the reflash. After the reflash get the Headers, reset your ecu and you're good to go. ( I would also say get an exhaust too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts