8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to do this mod.... So I found out that the reflash is what I need for about $600.... can anyone tell me if this is the best choice and any more info I could get in it....

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Long as you have atleast I/H/E i would greatly recommend this mod.

Contact slowmotionmotorsports.com and tell them lonny sent you and they will hook you up.....:thumb:

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man... I have so far Greddy Ti-c, and next is the intake just cant decided... the maybe the headers n hondadata and im done with motor mods... I just want to hit 13.9... hope this make it happen...

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
ortivt6 said:
thanks man... I have so far Greddy Ti-c, and next is the intake just cant decided... the maybe the headers n hondadata and im done with motor mods... I just want to hit 13.9... hope this make it happen...
Well let me know if you want a injen cai(black) or the dcrh cause i have to sell everything for engine repairs, so i am putting my car back to stock except for my lowering springs and my rims prolly.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
A lot of people are waiting on K-Pro for the k20z3, but seeing as there is no set release date as of yet, it seems a lot of people are going to be waiting quite a while.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The reflash is just a standard tune. Everyone gets the same tune. This yields modest gains across the board for everyone, but since not all engines are identical, the tune won't really be optimized for the individual vehicles. Also the more you modify, the more your tune isn't optimized for your configuration. Not all aftermarket parts are the same, and not everyone does the same modifications, so results may and will vary.

K-Pro is a hardware modification to the ECU that allows you to reprogram your ECU for your specific needs. It will probably cost twice as much as the reflash, but will be an infinitely more valuable modification.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Mitch said:
The reflash is just a standard tune. Everyone gets the same tune. This yields modest gains across the board for everyone, but since not all engines are identical, the tune won't really be optimized for the individual vehicles. Also the more you modify, the more your tune isn't optimized for your configuration. Not all aftermarket parts are the same, and not everyone does the same modifications, so results may and will vary.

K-Pro is a hardware modification to the ECU that allows you to reprogram your ECU for your specific needs. It will probably cost twice as much as the reflash, but will be an infinitely more valuable modification.
And when k-pro does come out if you have the reflash you will get a better deal for the upgrade instead of waiting for k-pro to come out.

So get the reflash now and enjoy it, then when k-pro comes out just send it back for the upgrade for what i am hearing so far will be a discounted price since you already paid for the reflash.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
hondaonchrome said:
And when k-pro does come out if you have the reflash you will get a better deal for the upgrade instead of waiting for k-pro to come out.

So get the reflash now and enjoy it, then when k-pro comes out just send it back for the upgrade for what i am hearing so far will be a discounted price since you already paid for the reflash.

Hope this helps.
I like the sound of that. Thank you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.