8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, fellows!

Being a new Honda Civic owner (and considering a very poor run of luck with vehicles in my lifetime), I have been interested in purchasing the HondaCare service contract. (Please... let's not beat that horse again... it's not going to be any more dead.)

While researching it, I saw on the Saccucci website how there was pending litigation between Honda and Saccucci about selling these online.

Just yesterday, I noticed that Bernardi has also put up a warning about it, which is new for their website (at least, I've never seen it before). Is Honda gaining ground on this? I searched all over for the actual court documents, but have been unsuccessful.

I'm a total free-market believer. Honda's apparent position on this is "let the consumer get the business end of the stick". That's disappointing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
According to what I've read Honda did win the lawsuit in Federal Court on the 26th of Jan and no extended warranties can be sold online as before though there is some question as to whether they can be sold over the phone or by email as Toyota extended warranties are available that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts