8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so back in the begining of Jan. I went to place a down payment on a new SI. I was very specific when I told them that I wanted a Rallye Red with Navi and fogs. They took my deposit and showed me their shipping list which showed one car that fit my specs that was scheduled to be delievered sometime in March. They told me to check back as sometimes the sheet changes so with that being said I went to the dealership last night. I walked in and told them I was there to find out a better build date and ship date for my car. Well they come back and say we dont have you name listed for a Rallye Red SI. So I start to get pissed :banghead: as I tell them they better have me listed somewhere because they already took my dough. They pull a file for the only Rallye Red Si that is slated to come to their dealership and it has someone elses name on it but then they tell me that he backed out and got his deposit back. So the sale manager adds my name as the primary buyer and puts it in and I start to calm down. Since they seemed like idiots I asked just to double check that it was a Rallye Red with NAVI and they were like oh no this one doesnt have Navi. They told me that HONDA is already pulling Navi from cars that were suppose to be made with it and putting in the regular stereo instead. They said they can't keep up with demands and HONDA is going to discontinue the NAVI with the SI. I was pissed but I really want the car so I kept my deposit in and I guess I will maybe take a look at aftermarket when it gets here. I knew HONDA was slacking as far as production but I didnt know they were going to pull Navi all together. Anyone else heard anything. I really like the Honda Navi unit and was thinking about when the market calms down for this car seeing if maybe I could have it dealer installed down the road. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
805 Posts
:face-icon

That sounds too suspicious.... It sounds like the F*ucked up and then didnt want to own up to it. Call Honda and ask them if its true, then if its not tell them to fax you that it isnt true and take that to the dealer... and call them out.....

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I talked with corporate - At our toll-free number: (800) 999-1009.

Feel free to contact them yourself. They said there is no information about the SI having the navigation units stopped being installed.

Basically the dealer probably had their order changed, and they just told you that you couldn't find a navi equiped unit elsewhere. They probably didn't want you to start looking around to buy from another dealer. I say start looking if you want the nav factory installed.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My only problem with looking around is there are not many SI's in my area. I lived in MD and the dealership printed me out a paper with all SI's that didnt have deposits on them in VA, MD, PA, and DE. They were all blue and black and I do not want either of those colors. I would settle for a white with NAVI but like I said none within at least 200 miles. I will call corporate honda tomorrow before I go to work. I have a vehicle reference number for the car and a build date of Feb28th-March1st. So maybe I can as them why the navi was taken off the order and get some answers. Thanks for the advice! CANMAN,

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I'd honestly call to the next closest dealer and see what they show on their shipping list now. See what they say they have coming in with navigation. They don't need to know your story with the other dealership. Just find out details on what is coming in. I guess worst case scenario - is ordering another with nav and waiting.

·
Registered
245 Posts
webby said:
I'd honestly call to the next closest dealer and see what they show on their shipping list now. See what they say they have coming in with navigation. They don't need to know your story with the other dealership. Just find out details on what is coming in. I guess worst case scenario - is ordering another with nav and waiting.
Definitely the right approach, however, it still sucks big-time that the dealer had to make up some bogus reason to cover their arse. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
CANMAN said:
Alright so back in the begining of Jan. I went to place a down payment on a new SI. I was very specific when I told them that I wanted a Rallye Red with Navi and fogs. They took my deposit and showed me their shipping list which showed one car that fit my specs that was scheduled to be delievered sometime in March. They told me to check back as sometimes the sheet changes so with that being said I went to the dealership last night. I walked in and told them I was there to find out a better build date and ship date for my car. Well they come back and say we dont have you name listed for a Rallye Red SI. So I start to get pissed :banghead: as I tell them they better have me listed somewhere because they already took my dough. They pull a file for the only Rallye Red Si that is slated to come to their dealership and it has someone elses name on it but then they tell me that he backed out and got his deposit back. So the sale manager adds my name as the primary buyer and puts it in and I start to calm down. Since they seemed like idiots I asked just to double check that it was a Rallye Red with NAVI and they were like oh no this one doesnt have Navi. They told me that HONDA is already pulling Navi from cars that were suppose to be made with it and putting in the regular stereo instead. They said they can't keep up with demands and HONDA is going to discontinue the NAVI with the SI. I was pissed but I really want the car so I kept my deposit in and I guess I will maybe take a look at aftermarket when it gets here. I knew HONDA was slacking as far as production but I didnt know they were going to pull Navi all together. Anyone else heard anything. I really like the Honda Navi unit and was thinking about when the market calms down for this car seeing if maybe I could have it dealer installed down the road. Any suggestions?
I tried and waited 3 months to get an Ex MT with NAVI, but Honda couldn't get it for me when they told me twice. Build date pushed back and They kept telling me it was built but in Kansas city for 2 weeks, so I just went to another and bought a non-navi civic. They make several aftermarket navi units and the radio bezel if you want one to go into the dash. I got a TomTom 700 and it works great, in my opinion better than factory navi.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the idea racnjsn04 but if I am correct the Tom Tom does just NAVI right. If i was going to spend the money I want my head unit to play music and do NAVI. Like the new pioneer unit, while I am at it I will add DVD capabilites too I guess. I am up it the air. I still kept my deposit down on the non NAVI because I want the Rallye Red and there are none in the area or scheduled to be around here anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
CANMAN said:
Thanks for the idea racnjsn04 but if I am correct the Tom Tom does just NAVI right. If i was going to spend the money I want my head unit to play music and do NAVI. Like the new pioneer unit, while I am at it I will add DVD capabilites too I guess. I am up it the air. I still kept my deposit down on the non NAVI because I want the Rallye Red and there are none in the area or scheduled to be around here anytime soon.

Not only navi but the Tomtom700 acts as a speakerphone with my bluetooth enabled cell phone. Its pretty cool being able to see who is calling me without taking my eyes off the road. When my cell rings in my pocket it shows on the TomTom unit and I can answer the call on the speakerphone.

With the factory installed unit you have to take your eyes off the road to look down at it. With the TomTom it mounts on the windshield and in sight off the road. I reccomend it to anyone who wants a very portable navi unit for half the price of Honda's unit. :thumb:

·
Registered
445 Posts
racnjsn04-thanks for the info on the tomtom 700. Will check it out. Not that I need it here in Hawaii, but I think it would be a cool toy to have in the car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Honda STOP shipping NAVIs ??

I talked to the dealer yesterday, and they told me that HONDA is putting a hold on shipping out more Civics with navi (Si and EX), because they want to push the non-navi cars off the lots. ? What kind of stratigy is this ? Do the think that people that want navi will settle for a non-navi ? Oh and the dealership (Honda of Bowie) is pushing the 'TOM TOM' . Why? Give the people what they want.....navi ! They said it might be months befor they or any dealers in the area get a navi . I"ll wait.

Anyone hear of this ?

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is the 2nd time I heard of this situation. The first time was a member on this forum who had trouble with a dealer concerning the purchase of a Si with Navi.

I found find it hard to believe that Honda would stop shipping Navi in Civics as that is a nice value add for many buyers.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Civc with navi???? What a joke!!!

Well.
I called my dealership today to see what the status of my order was/is...
I ordered a white si with navi on jan 5th
Talking to people here they confirmed nothing was ordered..
So i called the dealer and they tell me they tried placing the order with navi, and that honda has "bounced back every order with navi on the civics for now"...
He tells me he has 4 si's comming in(none white) in feb and i could have my choice of any of them, but none have navi.
This is ***.
He said i could wait and they'll keep trying to place my order.
I told him id wait, but i think im going to get my deposit back and say fuk the SI
Maybe ill give it one more month-
If Honda cant/wont keep up with the orders, why did they even decide to offer navi in the cars to begin with?
You'd think they'd have it all worked out with the navi supplier to keep things running smooth.
Not even 4 months into the car being released they have to cancel all orders..
HAHAHAH what a joke-
let me run my job like that and see how long im employed.

To top it all off, the sales person i ordered with is no longer employed at the dealership, so had i not called how long would i had waited before i heard anything?!?!?!?

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK - Here's my question.
I ordered a white Si with Navi (well - I put a $500 deposit on it) on January 3 with a dealer in metro Philly.

Now - I'm not a kid. I'm currently driving a BMW 325i (1 year old), and I'm used to being treated like an adult.

After what I've read here and ToV, I'm beginning to believe Honda of America and/or my dealer is playing games.

I called Honda of America and talked to a Mr. Kitchen. He left a message stating that Honda in no way was unable to meet demand. So I left him a message stating that I had put down a deposit and was promised a 6-8 week delivery.

He's yet to call me back.

Methinks it's time to get my $500 back and 'suffer' in my BMW - a company that actually treats its customers like valued customers.

It stinks, because I really like(d) this Si.

Oh yeah - dealer won't/can't provide me with a VIN. :help:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts