8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Honda is careful to not say it changes the sound. They only mention sporty "appearance".

It does however produce a slightly deeper sound and it looks sort of like an aftermarket exhaust-enough to have been already stopped by a 'Statey" who was having a bad night. (F'n Mass says ANY modification to produce more sound is illegal)

If you're in the market, make sure you shop around as prices vary wildly.

BD

·
Registered
106 Posts
Honda is careful to not say it changes the sound. They only mention sporty "appearance".

It does however produce a slightly deeper sound and it looks sort of like an aftermarket exhaust-enough to have been already stopped by a 'Statey" who was having a bad night. (F'n Mass says ANY modification to produce more sound is illegal)

If you're in the market, make sure you shop around as prices vary wildly.

BD
Yup. Good thing I moved to RI from MA.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I can assure you that in person it sounds nothing like a fart can. It's a little louder than stock, but much deeper, ...in other words less farty.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Heheee, whattup Andrew! Yeah, thanks for the axle back, ...and the install. Keeping the popo off my back but still get to enjoy a little noise, ...just enough to irk my 'not really into the car scene' wifey!

If this was back in the day, I'd go with your catback fo sho.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
^ haha, i thought it was you. yea, at first i wasnt into the whole "performance" mods, but it started to hit me when i wanted to be faster. not only i have a catback exhaust; now intake and headers and more to come. just never ends. but glad to hear that you're still enjoying the hfp muffler. great upgrade in sound and appearance imo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you feel the need to mod without straying to far from stock this is a good fit. I don't believe this exhaust will offer any performance benefits, it does however look a little nicer than the stock exhaust IMHO. I'm personally eyeing up a GReddy EVO2.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts