8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, I was feeling the pre-release pic's on Vtec.net last week...

Its the new Euro-Accord / USA-TSX, and it will have mirrors when it goes into production...

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
mininsx said:
Yeah, I was feeling the pre-release pic's on Vtec.net last week...

Its the new Euro-Accord / USA-TSX, and it will have mirrors when it goes into production...
You sure it's not the TL? Looks larger than a TSX and closer to the TL in size. :confused:

·
Registered
141 Posts
skittleslegend said:
You sure it's not the TL? Looks larger than a TSX and closer to the TL in size. :confused:
Positive, check Vtec.net for details...

There is this rumor that the TSX and the TL will become one car. I hope Acura does NOT do this, but yes this is slightly larger than the current TSX and suggests that the rumor might be true. The new TSX (Euro Accord) is due as a 2008 model, the TL would be slated for a new model in 2009. Maby they'll just sell them both in 2008 and drop the TL in 2009...

This would also leave Acura room to bring in a new smaller sedan, how does the CSX(civic sedan) sound?

Just FYI the current TSX (Euro Accord), Accord, and TL are all built on the same platform (small, medium, large). The TL being stretched and widened, but still considered the same platform from what I've read. The new Accord is due in 2008 as well. This car (sports-4) has SH-AWD, so there is a slight possibility we could see an AWD Accord, though doubful. Honda will probably try to make that an Acura-Only thing. My belief is that the RL is the new Biggest model for the new accord platform. That this car and the new Accord will be smaller scalled versions of the RL, or course retaining the SH-AWD availability. I remember them saying the new civic has the ability to be AWD as well. AWD CSX 2.0 6mt LSD, I'd be in heaven...

But think about it, RL - SH-AWD, TSX/TL(Sports-4 concept) - SH-AWD, CSX SH-AWD?, New MDX- SH-AWD?, RDX- SH-AWD, do we see a pattern here? Sounds like Honda is trying to make Acura an AWD car company, or at least making AWD Available on all their models...

Only time will tell, but I think the future is exciting, all these cars should be out about the time I get my Truck paid off. Now if I can keep myself from running out and buying a new IS350 before hand, I should be able to stay true to Honda...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts