8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 3 month old 2007 lx sedan (2k miles on it) for a check on a noise on the rear passanger side suspension. I'm in the waiting room when one of the serv. guys tells me that 2 mechs. took my car for a test drive and crashed it. The car comes in on a tow truck with the front bumper, driver side fender, fender guard and light all destroyed. The front driver side tire is bent at a 45 degree angle, the other front tire is at a 75 degree angle. Yet the guy says that their shop will fix it like new. They want to fix the car. And the owner of the dealer is a jerk. He basically kick me out of the place when I went to talk to him about it. What you guys think about this? Any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,915 Posts
nando79 said:
Took my 3 month old 2007 lx sedan (2k miles on it) for a check on a noise on the rear passanger side suspension. I'm in the waiting room when one of the serv. guys tells me that 2 mechs. took my car for a test drive and crashed it. The car comes in on a tow truck with the front bumper, driver side fender, fender guard and light all destroyed. The front driver side tire is bent at a 45 degree angle, the other front tire is at a 75 degree angle. Yet the guy says that their shop will fix it like new. They want to fix the car. And the owner of the dealer is a jerk. He basically kick me out of the place when I went to talk to him about it. What you guys think about this? Any suggestions?
Think about what?
That they crashed your car? That sucks.
That they are going to fix it? They should.
Am I missing something?

welcome to the board btw.
 

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
Joined
·
14,929 Posts
New car period, end of discussion, or get a lawyer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Men I have heard of dents and things like that but damn I never been in this kind of situation. I got my insurance involved but they don't sound like much help to be honest.The Honda dealer wants to fix the damn car. I'm going to see my insurance do. I'm shooting for a new car...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,950 Posts
I say tell them you want a new car. If they don't want to take them to court. You should also take pictures of the car so when you go to court you can say you're not gonna feel safe in riding in your car if they repair it because of how the steering looks after the crash. Steering is one of the most or is the important thing about the car because that is what moves the car, and if that malfunctions in any way it's gonna endanger yourself and others on the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Janizary said:
Repair + depreciation settlement

OR

New Car

OR

Take them to court

One of the above is fair. Fixing it alone is NOT sufficient.

4sure u should try 2 get a new car... if n wen u try 2 sell it, do u know how much the value of the car will go down?? and it aint even ur fault!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
And make SURE you ask your insurance if they are going to raise your rates by just getting them involved. The shop's insurance should cover EVERYTHING without your insurance getting involved.

And damn, I would suggest calling American Honda Customer Service BEFORE you do anything else and complain about the depreciation of your new vehicle. It's important that they do either of the 3 things Janizary suggested. Don't just settle because it's easier!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Hmm, I agree that they should give you a new car or at least a relatively new car with no history of accidents. An accident significantly decreases the resale value of a car so while them having to fix the car for you seems honorable, they are going with the cheapest option for themselves and not consider the best interest of the customer.

I think the ultimate question that the OP is really asking is... how does he go about asking for a new replacement? Obviously, it sounds like the dealership would try to fight him if he asked for one.

I would have no idea how I would go about this but I'd consider calling up a local lawyer and getting their opinion. I would also let the dealership know that you'll be consulting with a lawyer.

Good luck man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
alpha said:
Hmm, I agree that they should give you a new car or at least a relatively new car with no history of accidents. An accident significantly decreases the resale value of a car so while them having to fix the car for you seems honorable, they are going with the cheapest option for themselves and not consider the best interest of the customer.

I think the ultimate question that the OP is really asking is... how does he go about asking for a new replacement? Obviously, it sounds like the dealership would try to fight him if he asked for one.

I would have no idea how I would go about this but I'd consider calling up a local lawyer and getting their opinion. I would also let the dealership know that you'll be consulting with a lawyer.

Good luck man.
As stated above, contact American Honda Customer Care....or a local lawyer if all else fails.

Oh, and letting the dealership know that you are contacting a lawyer can be bad or good - be careful about that one. Exhaust American Honda first. If you go the lawyer route, you'll have to take your car elsewhere after dealing with them, lol!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,059 Posts
yeah, call up Honda customer care.

i just remembered, i knew a guy who this happened to his E46 M3 a couple years ago. the dealer was giving him the same thing about fixing it up themselves, but BMW USA agreed to a new car, but the problem was, his M3 was custom ordered to have ZERO Options. all the M3s on the lot were racked up with like 10k of options, and the dealer didnt want to give him one of those. last i heard they gave him a 325i to borrow untill it was sorted out. i dont remember if they transfered him one from elsewhere or just ordered one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
MonkeyConQueso said:
As stated above, contact American Honda Customer Care....or a local lawyer if all else fails.

Oh, and letting the dealership know that you are contacting a lawyer can be bad or good - be careful about that one. Exhaust American Honda first. If you go the lawyer route, you'll have to take your car elsewhere after dealing with them, lol!
heh, that's true. I guess if you talk to a lawyer about it, listen to the options that you may have and if you want to continue with the legal route, do exactly what they say instead of reading my post and telling the dealership. :)

I don't know anything about Honda Customer Care but I assume Honda (Corporation) can put their foot down on this if you report it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
alpha said:
<snip!>

I don't know anything about Honda Customer Care but I assume Honda (Corporation) can put their foot down on this if you report it.
Yep, Honda Corp can and will slap dealers around on Customer Service issues if they agree the dealership is acting out of line. They care about their service to existing customers and potential future customers - it's their business!

OP, another thing you can do when you talk to American Honda Customer Care, is to mention that you have been discussing what to do about this situation on a public forum. Someone on Honda-Tech did that, and it changed the CS' tune from "tough s*%&" to "What can we do for you?"...supposedly ;)
 

·
Si-Onara
Joined
·
5,874 Posts
if i was you i would tell them that, that car has been damaged and you want a new one because the damage was done by them.
 
1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Top