8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
Don't know about driving it but having now seen one, if I had a few extra grand laying around, I'd probably get one. Lord knows it's even nicer looking in person.

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
^actually, the wing, IMO, kinda kills it. dont get me wrong, the car is HOTT, but that wing...ehhhhh.
Surprisingly enough, I wasn't as turned off by the wing as I thought I would be. Maybe because it's OEM. My subconscious has an amazing skill of overlooking an eyesore simply because it's "OEM" as long as it's in it's proper place. Pitiful, I know. :hiding:

·
Registered
890 Posts
When I was at the last San Diego meet, we all went to Pacific Honda to see the CR, Mugen Si, and a tuned out Fit. One thing I noticed on the CR was how freaking light the hood was. Seriously, it's way bigger than the 8th Generation Civic's hoods yet, it's way lighter. I wonder what it's made of?

·
Registered
550 Posts
When I was at the last San Diego meet, we all went to Pacific Honda to see the CR, Mugen Si, and a tuned out Fit. One thing I noticed on the CR was how freaking light the hood was. Seriously, it's way bigger than the 8th Generation Civic's hoods yet, it's way lighter. I wonder what it's made of?
Its probably the same hood thats on the normal s2k's. there made out of aluminum and are lighter then most of the cf hoods made for the s2k.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I understand the aerodynamic/stability benefits the body kit serves on the CR, but I wish the suspension goodies were available as a stand-alone package... I just can't get over that hideous rear wing.

I'd take a black one to make the car a little less extroverted.

Anthony "Mario" Crea
NNJR-SCCA

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Surprisingly enough, I wasn't as turned off by the wing as I thought I would be. Maybe because it's OEM. My subconscious has an amazing skill of overlooking an eyesore simply because it's "OEM" as long as it's in it's proper place. Pitiful, I know. :hiding:
^shame on you...big wings = bad!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts