8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· El Presidente'
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get one. Not sure how soon, but sometime.
I was talking with a guy who said that I should only purchase an 00-03 since those were the years that the redline was at 95. I guess they lowered it??
Anyone have feedback?
Also, does anyone know if they added any more ponies under the hood for the 06?
I doubt they did. Suposidly it is the highest tweaked engine ever built pushing out the max hp for a 4 banger.

· Registered
313 Posts
00-03 had the 9000 rpm redline. In 04 the displacement went to 2.2L and redline dropped to 8000 (redline is 8000 but the car revs to an indicated 8300 I think). I would test drive both if possible, because many people prefer the 2L engine, but the restyled 04+ looks better IMO. If you are concerned about snow, the 06 S2000 will be getting traction control and VSA. I still, however, would be very hesitant to drive the S2000 in the snow without winter tires on.

· Registered
29 Posts
If you do go with the older model S2000, make sure to get an '02 or '03 because they have a glass back window. The '00-'01 models have a plastic back window that is really hard to see out of and gets messed up easily.

Just a heads-up. :thumb:

· Registered
204 Posts
I believe the 04+ used a 2.2 to make the same hp but at a more usable rpm. I mean, 9000 rpms is great and all but not everyone likes to spin the puppies outta the 2.0 to make that power. I believe the 2.2 makes some more torque earlier in the rev band for daily drivers. I say either would be great though. I had a 94 del sol and that thing had a close to 8000 redline...... wowzers was that thing scary...not scary as in fast....scary as in I thought it was going to go poof after 7200 rpms

· El Presidente'
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL!!! Yeah, redlining is fun, but scary as hell too. I mean really though, how often do you readline unless you are racing.
I think i will go with the newer model because I would rather have the bigger engine. Safer in my mind. I won't blow it! :driving:

· Registered
204 Posts
Rainman said:
LOL!!! Yeah, redlining is fun, but scary as hell too. I mean really though, how often do you readline unless you are racing.
I think i will go with the newer model because I would rather have the bigger engine. Safer in my mind. I won't blow it! :driving:
I think that is a good choice. You cant go wrong with either but I think the 2.2 has a more usable power band for daily driving and still has that race car feel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.