8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great guys over there in the service dept.
I was having problems with my 3rd gear, like a lot of other si guys. So I took it in yesterday on my lunch break and they gave me a free loaner. I got a call today around 10:30 saying that my car was already done. Those guys are fast. and it feels so much better than before. They started yesterday and finished up this morning... and I even got a compliment on what I've done to it. If you need a shop to go to try them out. Ask for Chris Miller. He's got an Fiji FG2 as well so he got some cool points from the start.
so that's that.

Signing out..... Troy Willis:thumb:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Great guys over there in the service dept.
I was having problems with my 3rd gear, like a lot of other si guys. So I took it in yesterday on my lunch break and they gave me a free loaner. I got a call today around 10:30 saying that my car was already done. Those guys are fast. and it feels so much better than before. They started yesterday and finished up this morning... and I even got a compliment on what I've done to it. If you need a shop to go to try them out. Ask for Chris Miller. He's got an Fiji FG2 as well so he got some cool points from the start.
so that's that.

Signing out..... Troy Willis:thumb:
I used to work there. They're a good bunch of guys. Glad they helped you out. BTW, the Si is his girl's car, not his.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's rare for a dealer to remove and tear into a tranny, then have it ready to go within 24 hours. I'm not saying that they DIDNT do it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't just put in some new MTF from honda or some Royal Purple and call it a day.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
I got a free loaner for oil change and a check-up :thumb:....etc. I purchase my car there...It wasn't a good deal. :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Ya clear lake = rip off for anything that they charge they wanted 1200 for just labor on the hfp susp, but they are good for loaners, I purchase my car there as well got an ok deal

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They told me $1300 for the HFP install. I told him that they needed to hire some new techs for that dept. the guy (not Chris) also told me that even the HFP suspension would void my warranty. So I said, "well, if I'm gonna void my warranty, Might as well do it with better parts than honda." lol

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
They told me $1300 for the HFP install. I told him that they needed to hire some new techs for that dept. the guy (not Chris) also told me that even the HFP suspension would void my warranty. So I said, "well, if I'm gonna void my warranty, Might as well do it with better parts than honda." lol
Ya they are just full of it with their prices, but I'm currently on tein s-techs prob will go with the buddyclubs sometime later

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
LOL...wow. And $1300 for labor alone, or labor and parts? Labor alone is insane. If labor and parts, then it's a bit steep, but for a $600 suspension, that means they're charging seven hours of labor. That's ridiculous since it only takes, I'd say, 3.5 hours to do it, then you need the alignment which is a flat cost of 1.5 hours.

So, $1000-$1100 for parts and labor wouldn't be unheard of, but $1300 is too high.

If you want, drop your car off at Baytown Honda. I'll do an HFP suspension for 4.5 hours of labor, which includes the alignment. We don't have loaners though. Our parts guy doesn't exactly offer great deals on parts either, so. But, most dealers are slow, so now's the time to get your car in. You won't have to wait very long to pick it back up. BTW, I have an Si, so I know your car like my own and treat it that way too.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
you think the techs at honda of clear lake would ***** about doing an alignment on a car with aftermarket parts? ie tein s tech springs with skunk2 rear camber kit, and spc front camber bolts?

so far i've only dealt with troy tuscana? seems like a cool guy. only been there for one oil change though. we shall see.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
heh nevermind. ricky i went over to that shop next to the meet. already got her aligned. everything seems good. only an extra 3 miles added to the odom. lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts