8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
thats cool but imagin if it was all JDM cars... most of the jdm accords civics everything have better cooler options so id be cool to look back and see the jdm bumper poll and stuff like that vs are boring american honda's

i know its kinda outta topic but in a way fits in.. i just checked at work and there are still 14 BRAND new mugen si civic in the states.. honda of america should buy one and put it in there museum

Next Museum Piece For His Collection ...81 Civic

How do I get in touch with Mr. Staller? I have a near perfect 81 Civic ...
Yorktown VA.
American Honda's "Secret Museum" Unveiled

MAY 9 - In the corner warehouse of a large, white nondescript building, somewhere in Southern California, is what MotorTrend, in a recent article, called "Honda's secret museum ... a rare collection of the automaker's U.S. history." Like a hip Hollywood nightclub, there is no sign above the generic glass door announcing the vast collection of Honda and Acura vehicles inside. The facility is not open to the public. So, what's the story behind this "secret museum?"

The momentum for this rare Honda exhibit hall came four years ago with a request from American Honda's former Auto Operations Executive Vice President Tom Elliott to Lou Staller. A 30-year Honda veteran, Lou was asked to help put together a little collection of cars that showed American Honda's history. "I've been restoring cars my whole life, and I was the manager of Company Cars at the time, so it probably made sense that they'd ask me to help with this project," Lou said.

The collection grew quickly as Lou began hunting down pristine Honda and Acura products from throughout the company's history.

Two years later, after 32 years as an American Honda associate, Lou retired. But, the story of his involvement in this project doesn't end there. In fact, he stayed on part time to continue his work on the Honda collection. "I'm very interested in the company's history and this project gives me an opportunity to stay in touch with Honda and with my friends."

As a result of Lou's work over the past four years, what started as a little collection of cars has turned into a museum of approximately 50 cars, motorcycles, engines, race cars and more.

Although everything within the walls of the museum is impressive, some of the highlights include a 1970 Honda N-600, the first Honda passenger car sold in the U.S., a 1975 Honda Civic and a 1988 Honda CRX Si. Honda IRL and Champ race cars and an Acura NSX racer are also on display. A handful of Honda motorcycles, including the Super Cub -- the first Honda sold in the U.S. along with the Benly and Dream -- are currently lined up against a wall; however, a mezzanine is planned as a special motorcycle display area. A lap around the room also offers a view of various Honda engines and trophy cases.

Target List - Help the Collection Grow!

Lou continues to build the collection. Currently, he is looking for clean examples of each of the vehicles listed below:

Hondas

1973 Civic Hatchback
1975 Civic CVCC SGE 5sp (Yellow?)
1976 Accord Hatchback
1979 Accord Sedan
1979 Prelude
1980 Civic Hatchback
1981 Civic Sedan
1981 Civic Wagon
1983 Accord Sedan (US Built)
1986 Accord (LXI)
1987 Civic Wagon (4 Wheel Drive?)
1988 Accord Coupe
1990 Accord Sedan (DX or LX)
1994 Passport
1995 Odyssey
1997 CR-V
Acuras

1986 Integra Hatchback
1994 Integra Coupe
The ideal vehicle will be in excellent original condition inside and out with all original equipment and no after-market parts. Interior condition and originality takes precedence over exterior condition. Minor collision repairs may be acceptable. Generally, higher trim levels are preferred. Although an exceptionally clean DX would be preferred over an average LX or EX.

These are my photos from visiting in 2009 (i think). Sorry the order is messed up...I dont have time to rearrange it...many of the production cars that are here have a VIN number ending with 00001. Enjoy!

[/URL]

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.