8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my friend was talking bout putting a K22 or something like that, in his civic (K22 are s2000 motors right?). He says its a honda motor that puts out like 300 hp.. BULLSH*T
Have u guys heard anything bout this so called motor?
He saids its not in any car. It's a specialty motor?
I got no luck on finding this myth?

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I think that you mean the f20 & f22c, not k22.

As far as 300hp Honda motor, negative. Now, it wouldn't be hard (or all that expensive) to get 300hp out of... say.. A k24-k20a2 frank w/boost. But unless he's talking about a modified motor he's wrong. Even the NSX was only 290 hp, and I don't think he's doing that swap anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
What year is his Civic? That would help narrow down the choices. Regardless, I'd say the odds are against it being an F22 (S2000 engine) because it would be a pain in the ass to get that into a Civic (transverse vs. longitudinal mounting). Could be an H22 if it's an older Civic. I'd guess a K20 or K24 if a newer Civic. None of those engines will do 300hp in stock trim, but you can get them there without much trouble (a little boost).

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Maybe your friend is talking about this:

I bet that will make your car go fast! ....As soon as you solve the size and longitudonal vs. horizontal mounting, as civsnake says.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Hey guys, my friend was talking bout putting a K22 or something like that, in his civic (K22 are s2000 motors right?). He says its a honda motor that puts out like 300 hp.. BULLSH*T
Have u guys heard anything bout this so called motor?
He saids its not in any car. It's a specialty motor?
I got no luck on finding this myth?
Maybe hes screwing with you and he bored out a k20 to a 2.2L and it has some aftermarket internals. He could also have a k20/k24 hybrid, ive heard those refered to as k22s. Either way i think hes screwing with you, theres no factory k22 engine produced by Honda.

·
Registered
698 Posts
he's just talking out of his ass. I have a friend like that. apparently he swapped a K20 into his non si sedan. But he used the stock engine mounts, intake, exhaust, computer...his car is also auto lol I just acted suprised and thought it was cool but really hes a tool lol

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
he's just talking out of his ass. I have a friend like that. apparently he swapped a K20 into his non si sedan. But he used the stock engine mounts, intake, exhaust, computer...his car is also auto lol I just acted suprised and thought it was cool but really hes a tool lol
:rotfl: I would of asked if he wanted to run. :p

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Guys i hate to break this to you, but there is a a k22 motor i think it's in the Mugen RR they sell in japan. I have no clue if you can get here in the state. But if you youtube it Mugen RR there's a load of video's on the Mugen RR's 2.2 i vtec motor making 250hp with a 8500 redline

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.