8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swung by the local dealership today...they've got the new Mugen Si in the showroom. Didn't take pics 'cause I think we all know what it looks like. Was talking to the guy...told me there were 500 made, the engine and tranny were Japanese, which are stronger than our current Si's, which allow for more mods. He said we could tune it to 400hp if you wanted...I don't think he knows what torque steer is. Best part: $5,000 markup. Yeah...$35,000 for the Civic. Not that I was in the market (and I know this debate has been done to death....) but wanted to check it out for giggles. I learned a lot from the Honda East people, today.
/sarcasm

:dancing:

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
haha gotta love the stealership's info!! jay honda, around cleveland area, also has a mugen but only a 2k markup....still too much for me!

·
Registered
523 Posts
hahaha..... at least they're selling it unlike Roush who I've heard is holding out the sale until next year to drive up the premium. lol

BTW, I saw one at Immke the other day. I was talking to this one cool salesman about it and he admitted for the money he would rather get a S2K or a G35.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha..... at least they're selling it unlike Roush who I've heard is holding out the sale until next year to drive up the premium. lol

BTW, I saw one at Immke the other day. I was talking to this one cool salesman about it and he admitted for the money he would rather get a S2K or a G35.
Well that's what I said after I mentioned the markup...I'd rather get a WRX or Evo for that kind of money...that's when he said I could tune it to 400 horses. I just nodded.

Side note...I thought the Si tranny and engine WERE made in Japan...just assembled in Canada?

·
Registered
326 Posts
haha gotta love the stealership's info!! jay honda, around cleveland area, also has a mugen but only a 2k markup....still too much for me!
I think sunnyside honda has one too, cuz on the website is listed a sedan si thats fiji blue pearl for $30,135

·
Registered
916 Posts

saw it too while I was getting an oil change. I also like the new tow door accord with the HFP wheels.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Swung by the local dealership today...they've got the new Mugen Si in the showroom. Didn't take pics 'cause I think we all know what it looks like. Was talking to the guy...told me there were 500 made, the engine and tranny were Japanese, which are stronger than our current Si's, which allow for more mods. He said we could tune it to 400hp if you wanted...I don't think he knows what torque steer is. Best part: $5,000 markup. Yeah...$35,000 for the Civic. Not that I was in the market (and I know this debate has been done to death....) but wanted to check it out for giggles. I learned a lot from the Honda East people, today.
/sarcasm

:dancing:
Where's Honda East? and you better bring your butt to the meet tha saturday after turkey day!!! if you wanna roll together I'm in...

Well that's what I said after I mentioned the markup...I'd rather get a WRX or Evo for that kind of money...that's when he said I could tune it to 400 horses. I just nodded.

Side note...I thought the Si tranny and engine WERE made in Japan...just assembled in Canada?
So ummm......... I'm gonna have to throw the BULLSHIT flag on that one. I would've slapped him and asked what program you could use in tuning the car to 400hp. But he'd probably say "there's a new program called I-Pro. It's a piggy back system similar to the K-pro, and it's offered for $3,000 from Honda"

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where's Honda East? and you better bring your butt to the meet tha saturday after turkey day!!! if you wanna roll together I'm in...
[/U][/B]
I will if I'm in town...not sure what my schedule is, yet, as I might be going up to Michigan to spend the weekend with the girlfriend...

Honda East...it's right off of 70...East of columbus...near Magic Mtn. and Lindsey Acura in Pickerington...stones throw from the 270/70 junction....

·
Registered
421 Posts
For lack of a better term, 90% of the people there are total douchebags. I talked to ONE sales person there while I was getting my oil changed that I could actually stand and knew what he was talking about. The only reason I step foot on their property is because I don't want to change my own oil until 36k, and they do it with Mobil 1. Their maintenance staff are close to worthless. The first time i was there, the manager basically bitched me out for having more than one key on my key ring. I wanted to sucker punch him as soon as he turned around.

Roush honda isn't a whole lot better, either. *sigh*

/rant off.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
That is where i bought both of my civics. I've usually not had to many issues with them. I've only had to press the issues with them a few times. I've only had them look at the 3rd gear issues only 3times.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is where i bought both of my civics. I've usually not had to many issues with them. I've only had to press the issues with them a few times. I've only had them look at the 3rd gear issues only 3times.
Did they fix the problem with the tranny? 'Cause at Hinderer they couldn't get 3rd to freeze/pop like it usually does >_<

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
For lack of a better term, 90% of the people there are total douchebags. I talked to ONE sales person there while I was getting my oil changed that I could actually stand and knew what he was talking about. The only reason I step foot on their property is because I don't want to change my own oil until 36k, and they do it with Mobil 1. Their maintenance staff are close to worthless. The first time i was there, the manager basically bitched me out for having more than one key on my key ring. I wanted to sucker punch him as soon as he turned around.

Roush honda isn't a whole lot better, either. *sigh*

/rant off.

ahmen nolan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts