8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone heard of this news yet? couple of shops here and the dealer in pasadena of honda (where i got my si) has informed me that, honda might discontinue the Si Coupe in 08. I have no idea how accurate this information is. I was hoping, does anyone else know much about this situation? From what i know, the sedan is only 60 lbs lighter and can do just as much as the coupe, and they're already making more sedans more than the coupe last i heard, so i dont know. Im kinda hoping for them to discontinue it, so my fg2 will be worth more :laughing: but to me coupe is definitely more sexy, if i hadnt gotten my Si, i would be pissed if they discontinue the coupe in 08 hahahah..anyways just wondering what everyone else thinks or heard about this situation.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
theyr still being produced.....

and the cars as common as tCs now.... at least in my small school town....6 Si coupes already.... 2 Si Sedans

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think you misread my post, im talking about 08 Si's...what does you sighting 8 Si coupes have to do with anything, because im sure none of them are 08 LOL...i ono why they would do such a thing either..but im hoping they would do it hahaha..my car would be worth a lot more :D

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
that would be sweet, Si's should be made in 2 of the 4 years before they change the body style. to keep it limited.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sweet, I have 2 Si coupes... and now they will hold their value!!!

Shame I don't believe they are stopping Si Coupe production for 08.

Oh well, I can dream!

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
bLaCkFA5 said:
i think it'd be a stupid move to do that, they sell too many to just discontinue them
They did it before...they discontinued the coupe and brought us the ultra-unpopular EP3...Wouldn't surprise me...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol who knows, i think theres a higher demand in sedans now though. cause like i said it performs just as well as coupe, and it has a lot more room, who wouldnt want more room. on edmunds n motortrend, they make it seem like a obvious choice to go for the sedan that performs nearly "identical" to the coupe. i think theres a possibility it would be discontinued but its probably a small one, cause the new models are suppose to come out, if anything, honda should have word by now. But if somehow there aren't anymore coupe models coming out, i wouldnt be surprised....i would jump up in joy :D...the coupes sold quick cause they're in high demand, cause they're not made as much as sedans.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
CaliGuy said:
They did it before...they discontinued the coupe and brought us the ultra-unpopular EP3...Wouldn't surprise me...
theres a difference between discontinuing the Si Coupe and introducing a hatch in its place it under the successing platform...

EM1 was 99-00 while 6th Gen was 96-00.

the EM1 lasted as long as it could, it would have been gone regardless...

9th generation should not come untill '11

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
huanqi said:
i think you misread my post, im talking about 08 Si's...what does you sighting 8 Si coupes have to do with anything, because im sure none of them are 08 LOL...i ono why they would do such a thing either..but im hoping they would do it hahaha..my car would be worth a lot more :D

check out this forum...

people are pre ordering the 08 SI coupes.....

what i meant was... if we have 08 SIs.... then thats it... Si will be in every single street.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
nayilsi said:
check out this forum...

people are pre ordering the 08 SI coupes.....

what i meant was... if we have 08 SIs.... then thats it... Si will be in every single street.
Here I see more Porsches than Sis, its ok its the Vtec that makes me love this car not its status

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
in socal si coupes = everywhere...breed like rabbits...swarm like flys around a frsh bag of ****...flop like catfish out of a lake....swarm like ants on a cake...pop like worms on fresh gravel...**** son they aint rare and thats the truth.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I'd rather they discontinue it, fix all the **** that's wrong with it, and send each of us an ass-kissing apology letter for dealing with the 3rd gear bullshit.

I highly doubt the Si will be discontinued for 2008. Though I am curious as to why the Civic Sedan website was updated, but the coupe and Si models have not yet.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
huanqi said:
has anyone heard of this news yet? couple of shops here and the dealer in pasadena of honda (where i got my si) has informed me that, honda might discontinue the Si Coupe in 08. I have no idea how accurate this information is. I was hoping, does anyone else know much about this situation? From what i know, the sedan is only 60 lbs lighter and can do just as much as the coupe, and they're already making more sedans more than the coupe last i heard, so i dont know. Im kinda hoping for them to discontinue it, so my fg2 will be worth more :laughing: but to me coupe is definitely more sexy, if i hadnt gotten my Si, i would be pissed if they discontinue the coupe in 08 hahahah..anyways just wondering what everyone else thinks or heard about this situation.
The sedan is not lighter the coupe is.

But I doubt the SI coupe would be discontinued because the coupe would give the sportier look over the sedan.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The coupes aren't near as in demand as the sedans are. They sit on the lot hear for days and days, the sedans are gone within 3 days tops.

I can see them quitting production on it, but not in 08.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Deedle said:
The coupes aren't near as in demand as the sedans are. They sit on the lot hear for days and days, the sedans are gone within 3 days tops.

I can see them quitting production on it, but not in 08.
You have that backwards, the coupes are in alot higher demand than the sedans are. You can go in and most of the time get a better deal on a sedan than a coupe.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts