8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here i thought it was only on my car, but i guess its a common issue on these hondas.
2007 civic SI with paint loss an spots similar to the pictures posted above. i wonder if Honda would fix it out without the warranty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda Civic 2010 - Defective Paint Recall

Hello

I have Honda Civic 2010 having severe paint issues throughout the vehicle.

I was wondering there has been some progress on this class action suite initiative. I never got letter from dealership about warranty extension or fixing the paint chalking, cracking issues.

I will appreciate feedback on current status of this issue.

Regards
Salim

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had my clear coat issue resolved by dealership...only to have more issues a year after. You'd think if Honda was not going cover this ongoing issue, they'd at least offer a discount
At least it's not rust lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
After a lot of arguing back and forth with Waterloo Honda, I managed to get them to repaint my hood, both front fenders and roof.

If you look really close, my trunk is starting too, but (so far) that was denied. I have a few small spots starting on the C pillar where it meets the rear glass. When those get worse, I'll have to start this all over again. But at least I can show precedent.

2008 Black Civic Si sedan.
Well, to update this thread. The "few small spots" have evolved into full blown delamination of the clear coat on pretty much all the metal body panels. I've complained to Honda on several occasions, and every time I get strung along with insinuated promises, they make me get a quote at a preferred shop and I never hear back.
It's so bad now that I'm debating painting the car out of pocket, or just trading it in for another brand car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know that Honda had a paint recall a few years ago. The only reason I know is because I had a recall for my transmission.

Contact your dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A Quebec law firm has started to initiate a class action law suit against Honda for 2006-2013 defective paint issue. Does any one know whether Ontario has a similar class action?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know that Honda had a paint recall a few years ago. The only reason I know is because I had a recall for my transmission.

Contact your dealership.
Actually it was not a recall otherwise you would have received a letter. So what I was told was that it was for the individuals to contact the dealer to check on corrections or compensation and when that is the case they put deadlines on it so that of course by the time you find out you are no longer eligible for the compensation.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts