1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Make: Honda
Model: Civic DXG
Year: 2006
Color: Grey (looks more like metallic brown)

I have started a Facebook page for Honda Civic Canada owners that have not received letters from their dealership for warranty coverage and are being denied for coverage by their dealers. I am trying to start a class action lawsuit covering additional years that are having paint issues.

Clearly there are issues with the paint on Honda Civics dating back as far as 2003. A class action lawsuit was filed in July 2012 to cover Honda Civics and Accords from 2003 to 2010 in the US. While Honda Canada has been sending official communication to extend paint warranty coverage it is not for all years and not all colors.

My car has developed 4 large areas on my roof that have started fading and delaminating over night. I visited my dealer last week and they they told me this is the first such issue they have seen and that the paint issues only exist in the US, they are clearly giving me the run around. I have also contacted Honda Canada and have not heard anything back.

The only method of recourse for Honda Civic owners that do not fall into the categories and colors that have received official communication is to start a class action lawsuit.

Facebook Page - please sign up and post your issues
https://www.facebook.com/HondaPaintIssuesCanada

·
Registered
867 Posts
Do you park outside? Paint takes a huge toll when parked in the elements in the sun and winter. For a MY06 and expectations for flawless paint is starting to push it. I would be more sympathetic if the car was 2013 or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the US a class action lawsuit was filed for Honda Civics and Accords years 2003 to 2010. Based on the 87 page document attached the fading and delaminating paint issues have been around for some time and only recently has Honda been forced to deal with it due to the overwhelming amount of customer complaints.

In many cases the paint issues don't happen right away and the current communication from Honda Canada extends warranty coverage for 7 years I think. This would indicate the Honda expects these issues to happen within 7 years.

Honda Defective Paint Class Action Lawsuit

·
Registered
292 Posts
i have a 08 civic that's the light metallic blue and it's not covered at least i haven't checked. don't want to hassle it. mine isint bad. 5ft+ away you couldn't tell there there.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The paint on my ASM 06 still looks pretty good but I have seen the fading a delaminating issues you are talking about. I would support your movement in case I have the same problem in the near future but I am not on facebook. Make sure you keep us non-facebook members in the loop!

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have started a Facebook page for Honda Civic Canada owners that have not received letters from their dealership for warranty coverage and are being denied for coverage by their dealers. I am trying to start a class action lawsuit covering additional years that are having paint issues.

Clearly there are issues with the paint on Honda Civics dating back as far as 2003. A class action lawsuit was filed in July 2012 to cover Honda Civics and Accords from 2003 to 2010 in the US. While Honda Canada has been sending official communication to extend paint warranty coverage it is not for all years and not all colors.

My car has developed 4 large areas on my roof that have started fading and delaminating over night. I visited my dealer last week and they they told me this is the first such issue they have seen and that the paint issues only exist in the US, they are clearly giving me the run around. I have also contacted Honda Canada and have not heard anything back.

The only method of recourse for Honda Civic owners that do not fall into the categories and colors that have received official communication is to start a class action lawsuit.

I have the same problem. since about six months ago the clear coat of the roof and the trunk started to peel. I will go to the dealer to see what happen. I will let you know.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The paint on my ASM 06 still looks pretty good but I have seen the fading a delaminating issues you are talking about. I would support your movement in case I have the same problem in the near future but I am not on facebook. Make sure you keep us non-facebook members in the loop!
no facebook in 2014? :readtherules:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i got a letter in the mail saying that they will cover the paint peeling issue.

i think its only for a certain type of VIN#'s

call honda they should know about this

·
Registered
14 Posts
2010 civics have a hood/trunk paint recall
my civic being a 2010 has already shown spots of surface rust near door frames, wheel wells, trunk, and the hood is a mess with hundreds of paint chips and a few paint bubbles. For a car being not even 4 years old this is unusual. I know for a fact the paint department at the Honda plant was having issues with the water based paint they were using. I will be fixing my own paint and body knowing the job will be done correctly. Its very easy and can be done virtually anywhere so long as theres no sand storms blowing while youre spraying. Little touch ups will go unnoticed once done.

However theres no hurt checking with your local honda dealership. Dont forget though that they dont like giving free work so dont let them give you the run around. It is an issue and even though Honda has put out the recall, getting the dealerships to actually do it under warranty is a whole new thing. They will try to blame it on absolutely anything they can.

·
Registered
80 Posts
After a lot of arguing back and forth with Waterloo Honda, I managed to get them to repaint my hood, both front fenders and roof.

If you look really close, my trunk is starting too, but (so far) that was denied. I have a few small spots starting on the C pillar where it meets the rear glass. When those get worse, I'll have to start this all over again. But at least I can show precedent.

2008 Black Civic Si sedan.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi - did you start your facebook page for Canadian Honda owners with paint issues? I would definitely join and help you push Honda Canada to compensate us for this issue. Let me know - thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts

same issue, 4 spots on roof, 2 spots on trunk. same year, sub-model and color

checked my vin for recalls and theres nothing.... bs honda

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, recently picked up a '08 Si NH Black. Im lucky I got mines warrantied from the previous owner..I guess that would be a 1up.. Good luck~!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can't believe they haven't dealt with this already.... read all the threads about 8th gen people having these issues... We have a 2000 accord in the family and same problem... started to notice at about 8 years old. my 07 galaxy gray EX is ok so far... i park it outside but it's covered parking... collinite 476 2-3 x a year... hope it stays the way it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi my 2007 civic is doing the same thing and I was told the same thing at the dealer it was the first time they had seen this , I cant find your facebook page . thanks wayne

·
Registered
1 Posts
Canada paint 2009 honda civic lx

My roof is fading and chalking. Had mine into the dealer and am found out my hood is getting small cracks. Hood is covered under paint extension and they are fixing my roof as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts