1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
its basically the fit redesigned and likely slower.

Really how people refer to this in anyway as performance or in ANY need whatsoever for a Spoiler that fing retarded or big is beyond me.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
So much support, in parts and accessories, from Honda and other companies for the car and its not even out. I know our cars aren't in the Japanese marker, but still....

·
Banned
759 Posts
Hello everyone, I've seen some great info over here about the car Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

its basically the fit redesigned and likely slower.

Really how people refer to this in anyway as performance or in ANY need whatsoever for a Spoiler that fing retarded or big is beyond me.
Actually the chassis was based on the Insight and the engine is a revised version of the L15 found in the Fit. But it's mated to the IMA from Honda. Early reviews from Japan say that the CR-Z is much more fun and faster around the corners than the Fit. Which makes sense given it's lower center of gravity and better weight distribution.
So much support, in parts and accessories, from Honda and other companies for the car and its not even out. I know our cars aren't in the Japanese marker, but still....
Its been out in Japan since the end of February. And the release for UK is around June/July.
I'll wait for the Spoon version to come out this year, before I decide.
Spoon has already been working on it. It's the blue-wheeled version above. More great info on the Spoon version here Spoon CR-Z

Some specs from Spoon that stand out to me are the engine specs going from 122hp up to 145hp (more than R18) and the torque from 128tq up to 150tq (more than Si). The rev limiter was also increased to 8500 up from 6200. Some tests done yield times of 0-62mph in 6.9 seconds and 1/4 mile in 15.5 seconds.
whats sad is a modified cr-z is still slower than our si's and its like 28k rofl
Actually, considering the Si comes with a 2.0L engine and the CR-Z has the 1.5L IMA engine. I don't see how it's sad that even a modded CR-Z is slower than the Si when in fact a modded R18 is slower than the Si too. Read my response right above this one and you will see how close a modded CR-Z is to a stock Si. Which isn't bad for a little 1.5L HYBRID.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Hello everyone, I've seen some great info over here about the car Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Actually the chassis was based on the Insight and the engine is a revised version of the L15 found in the Fit. But it's mated to the IMA from Honda. Early reviews from Japan say that the CR-Z is much more fun and faster around the corners than the Fit. Which makes sense given it's lower center of gravity and better weight distribution.
Fit 0-60 is 9.5 seconds
CR-Z 0-60 is a flat 10. .5 seconds slower.

However if you could take the model rip out the crap engine and put in a K20 and really put out some power. This car would be sexy. Oh or a F-series O_O

·
Banned
759 Posts
Fit 0-60 is 9.5 seconds
CR-Z 0-60 is a flat 10. .5 seconds slower.

However if you could take the model rip out the crap engine and put in a K20 and really put out some power. This car would be sexy. Oh or a F-series O_O
Tests on the 6MT in Sport Mode has the CR-Z at 9.6 and one site even has it at 9.3. And that's to 100km or 62mph. That 2mph makes a difference on cars this slow. The CR-Z is slightly heavier than the Fit but has more power. So for similar 0-60 but better handling out of the box. Not to mention better fuel economy. The CR-Z has the Fit beat if you ask me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
crz= ages 50+

geezzz i want to like it but the more videos i see it keeps getttin slower
and less tuner/sporty but hey its not for everyone and honda will make money off it

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Nothing will compete with the 2011 Mustang its going to sell stupidly well if they keep the power/tq numbers their broadcasting. There just isn't going to be a better car for the money so all this japanese stuff is just lacking behind.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts