8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm making a Coyote Racing Shifter Kart with my father and I'm in SERIOUS need of that 500cc engine from the Honda CR500 / CR500R. I'm looking for one as close to me as possible, I live on LI. If on LI, NY, CT, PA, NJ I'll get it.
If anyone can find one I'd apprecaite it. Price depends on condition. I'll get either the bike w/engine or just engine alone.

I'm searching on my own and I've found 1 so far and it fell through because the guy didn't want to crate it.... Again please help me look for this. I can't wait to get one and put it all together with my father. It would be my first father-son project and I have been wanting that since I was a little kid.

Thanks in advance I'll definitely rep you for finding one!!

2001 Coyote Racing Shifter Kart Frame
We have a bunch of parts for it, but this is the base frame with the seat and body panels removed because Coyote had to identify the kart for us :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I'll post a video up soon of what it'll perform like. Should do 0-100 in about 3-4 seconds. It's a mix of both myself and my father's ideas put into one. Fits in stock Coyote motor position, 6 speed tranny, Dual disc brake on rear axle, 12-inch wide tires in back and I believe 8 inch up front but it might be 10 inch up front I forget which. They are Maxxis Q tires and rims, and they should be a perfect match for the 500cc engine. They are slicks too btw.

We both have been on the phone with Coyote for the past few days back and forth and Coyote is PSYCHED about the kart. One of the best they've ever heard of. And the kart will be immaculate! After all is fitted on the chrome-molly frame, we're taking it all off and painting it a nice Hugger Orange to match my father's 1969 Camaro R/S with a big block 672 crate motor. Pushing 1300 rwhp. It's in storage in a place in CT right now, but this spring I'll take pictures of it for you guys.

I'll add a few pictures of the kart on the first post to show you guys what we're dealing with. the kart is a 2001 Coyote Racing Kart. We bought from a guy off the Discovery Channel, his last name is Hopper. It'll be a beast.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update! Got one this morning - PERFECT for our needs. We got a 1987 CR500R. It's the last year they made the 'real' cr500. Fmf racing pipe, Boyson Reeds, Racing carb (forget the brand) and a few more goodies. It's a little over 80hp. Runs great. We only need the motor though, so I'll be selling the frame, I believe it's Chrome Moly. PM me if interested. Soon I'll start a build thread :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.