8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a car below $12,000 that is comfortable, fun to drive, and most importantly cost-effective. I drive about 5,000 miles per year (about 100 miles per week), however I drive everyday and would like to have a car that I can depend on that won't break the bank.
After test driving and researching, I've narrowed my search down to two cars: a fun and reliable car and a more budget-friendly car. This is what I think of them so far:
Honda Civic (2010 - 2013) (about 100k-ish miles):
  • Has a strong reputation for being reliable.
  • More comfortable to sit in.
  • More fun to drive.
Hyundai Elantra (2014 - 2016) (about 50k-ish miles):
  • Cheaper. I can get a newer one with less miles for the same price as the Civic.
  • Comes with more options.
  • Comes with a limited power train warranty.
So what do you feel like would be the best fit for me? Any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I am first time car buyer and all of this stuff is very new to me.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm looking for a car below $12,000 that is comfortable, fun to drive, and most importantly cost-effective. I drive about 5,000 miles per year (about 100 miles per week), however I drive everyday and would like to have a car that I can depend on that won't break the bank.
After test driving and researching, I've narrowed my search down to two cars: a fun and reliable car and a more budget-friendly car. This is what I think of them so far:
Honda Civic (2010 - 2013) (about 100k-ish miles):
  • Has a strong reputation for being reliable. https://9apps.ooo
  • More comfortable to sit in.
  • More fun to drive.
Hyundai Elantra (2014 - 2016) (about 50k-ish miles):
  • Cheaper. I can get a newer one with less miles for the same price as the Civic. https://solitaire.onl/
  • Comes with more options.
  • Comes with a limited power train warranty.
So what do you feel like would be the best fit for me? Any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I am first time car buyer and all of this stuff is very new to me.
Thanks
issue has been solved!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts