1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
333 Posts
Dang... I still dont understand how those pictures line up with the story given in the article tho... It said she swerved debris and ran into the back of a trailer. The pictures look like something took the top of the car off, like something came down on top of the car. Still, crazy stuff. My heart goes out to the friends and family members.

They also say the car is white in the article, its definitely silver....maybe fog WAS an issue.

·
Registered
333 Posts
when a car hits the back of a semi, its almost like a knife slicing off the top of the car like a sardine can. Decapitates anyone who dosnt duck.
Yeah, that makes sense. I was stuck on the thought that the trailer had flipped on its side...the one in the pictures.

Its too bad, these cars are so safe, yet that accident involves their only huge weakness.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
when a car hits the back of a semi, its almost like a knife slicing off the top of the car like a sardine can. Decapitates anyone who dosnt duck.

The rears of semi trucks have that barrier at the bottom, so most of the impact would hit the front of the oncoming car, and not slice the middle part of the car.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I've driven 95 through Florida several times and it always seems that everyone flies in that state. I was driving from Miami about a year ago and I was driving with the flow, which was well over the posted limit. So it doesn't surprise me at all to see an accident of this caliber there.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Im guessing they cut the roof off the car. I dont think the whole top section of the car would of cleanly be ripped away from a crash to the back of a semi.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.