8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Honda Civic shows this code
P1659 HONDA - Electronic Throttle Control System Control Relay OFF Malfunction
my service Center change the throttle body. But the code still remain. They suggested me to change the ECM. But I didn’t find this any where.
ecm part no. 37820-RNF-U53. Is there any alternative for this ECM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since the 1.8 model is virtually identical (Motor and transmission, just the capacity) I would locate an ecu off a 1.8 model..Something like 37820-RNA-N43 ..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would find a better technician. I don't have the manual for the Civic but on other Honda's the service manual never even mentions replacing the throttle body for that code. It does mention possibly an ECM but there are other things it could be besides the ECM. It could be wiring, it could be the fuse/relay box, or it could be the relay itself. You need a proper diagnostic done on the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since the 1.8 model is virtually identical (Motor and transmission, just the capacity) I would locate an ecu off a 1.8 model..Something like 37820-RNA-N43 ..

Wouldn't there be any issues encountered when using a different code ECU? I have a 37820-RNF-U53 also and need a replacement but I was told I can damage the electronics in the car if I use another model ECU even if it's from an R18 civic. But If I know someone has done it before and had no issues then I'll go ahead and get one!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have swapped R18 and R20 ecu's over in a few cars..no issues. These were all manual transmission models though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts