8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked several dealers down and finally got the best price I could at a dealer in Salem, NH for a 2009 4dr Civic LX-S, royal blue, $16,500 price + $825 taxes + $180 doc fee + $86 for tags...so $17,591 OTD. How does this rate comparitively, is it a good deal?

I have great credit, and one dealer had the nerve to tell me they'd give me the price above, but only with a higher rate (non-Honda) financing. Needless to say I left, and they rescinded the offer today, but it was too late.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yea, really press the issue about the doc fee. That fee is pure profit for the dealer. Just be prepared to walk if they don't give in. On my '09 EX I just bought I got them to wave the doc fee AND cover the registration. I only had to pay for the car and the taxes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that's pretty good. The LX-S is about $500 over the LX, so you taked them down to about $500 less comparitively. I think another issue with mine is no one here has the LX-S, only the LX, and the place has only 1 and in royal blue which is even harder to find. I'm pretty happy with it , but I'll try and get the doc fee waived.

Thanks all! I'll post photos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: I finished off the paper work and added on $224 worth of all-weather mats and the all-weather trunk mat. Turns out I got those included in the price, so the car itself went for $16,276. Not a bad bonus. I'll include a picture when I pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got my 09 LX-S Sedan Automatic out the door for 16300 in San Diego, CA on Jan 2nd.

Also got the 4.9% apr for 60 months which was the advertised rate (for that amount of time) at the time.

I think it was a really good price because they didn't have the EX in stock in Black and didn't want to lose my business, but I'm not sure. (I didnt care about the sunroof, disk brakes, ipod hookup or rims, since the lxs has rims and i already changed the stereo to in-dash navi, which has iPod via usb)...

·
Registered
15 Posts
rpr151: In MA the tax is 5%, which would be $751 for you, did they include something else like a doc fee? New tags are also $86 so that might be part of it as well?
Yeah I paid the doc fee and got new plates and I think I owed some money too because of the trade in....I paid 1010 in cash and got a loan for the rest which was 15,025....My bad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.