8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my problem in my Civic 2009 LX when I try to speed up from 50-60 my gas pedal will have no activation when I press on it. I could slam it and the acceleration won't change. But when it changes to the last gear I can drive back to normal. there's no issues with my car 114k miles on it, changed transmission ATF using honda genuine liquid only, every 10k miles the same with engine oil and spark plugs. This car has been babied when I bought it (I knew the previous owner really well). I don't know what is making this sluggish acceleration, is it some kind of safety where you can't put the car under load? I'm lost don't know what do. Also, there are no codes but I did have a gas cap light issue once and I just had to retighten it.

Sorry for bad grammar,
Thank you for reading!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thd R18A engine has a dead spot around 2500 - 2700 RPM where the acceleration is sluggish. This is very evident if you are flooring the throttle especially from the 3rd gear onwards if you are driving a manual transmission.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thd R18A engine has a dead spot around 2500 - 2700 RPM where the acceleration is sluggish. This is very evident if you are flooring the throttle especially from the 3rd gear onwards if you are driving a manual transmission.

Is there any way to get around this? Or is it something that I can't fix?

·
Registered
117 Posts
This us the way the stock ECU is tuned. If you need to get over it then a remap is the way to go. So I always downshift to minimize this lag if I want good acceleration.

Some other way to minimize this is to use a lighter crank pulley and lighter flywheel which help the RPM to increase quickly compared to stock and you get over the dead spot quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts