8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving on the highway car slows down engine light flashes can only go 20 miles an hour replaced catyltic converter and plugs can’t find the problem 2 mechanics no code popping up please help me thank you has happened three times

·
Registered
38 Posts
So engine light pops and no engine code? The only advice I can think of is to go to a good mechanic that has a good OBD2 diagnostic tool before you spend any more money on expensive parts that don't need replacing in the first place.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have heard this happens when the oil pressure gets to low.
Wouldn't that trigger the red oil light? I mean after an oil change (when not pre-filling the oil filter with oil), the light stays on for 1-2 sec after starting the engine. An engine light should trigger a code in the ECU.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes ur right it should trigger the light. I dont get how the engine light can be on and no codes get thrown. That one beats me🤔

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am driving on the highway car slows down engine light flashes can only go 20 miles an hour replaced catyltic converter and plugs can’t find the problem 2 mechanics no code popping up please help me thank you has happened three times
When you say you can go only 20 miles an hour, do you mean only the speed is limited or the engine has entered the limp mode and you are unable to rev beyond a certain RPM?

Sometime ago when I was fabricating the air intake for a K&N CAI, I'd to remove and fix the MAF sensor a few times to check for the sensor clearance and suddenly the CEL flashed and the engine entered limp mode with the RPM restricted to 3000. I too initially didn't get a code but knew it was the MAF sensor as I'd been removing and installing it a few times. After it was replaced, everything was back to normal.

So to be sure, please get your car scanned from a reputed mechanic before replacing anything expensive.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some one pushed a large potato up your tailpipe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Either an issue that's going to be hard to diagnose, or you got a lemon. Stay updated please as this issue is strange.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it governed to only 20mph (I did this in order to stop speeding 🤦‍♂️)? Has it just recently happened? Has it been sitting for an extended period? Have you recently purchased it? Lots of missing information to determine much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts