8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
you sir have won the day with the spaceballs reference
Not how I wanted it to appear, looking into that.............

However, more to the point, I always thought there could be a business by having these electric motors replace out engines (any car)all while keeping the transmission. I dunno, I'm not an engineer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not how I wanted it to appear, looking into that.............

However, more to the point, I always thought there could be a business by having these electric motors replace out engines (any car)all while keeping the transmission. I dunno, I'm not an engineer.
on a serious note I've always wondered about the feasibility of something like this and I am certainly not an engineer either and am very interested to see how he accomplishes this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is winning, is the project finished yet? i have questions about its range.
Yes it drives really nice. I have a 22 kWh pack. I’m unsure on the range because I live in the mountains so no flat driving anywhere. Calculations estimate at 120 kms of range.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes it drives really nice. I have a 22 kWh pack. I’m unsure on the range because I live in the mountains so no flat driving anywhere. Calculations estimate at 120 kms of range.
how much space does the battery pack take up and what was the total cost of conversion? that is not a bad range if its one battery, if you could would you put in a second one to add more or would the weight to power ratio just not make that worth it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on a serious note I've always wondered about the feasibility of something like this and I am certainly not an engineer either and am very interested to see how he accomplishes this.
Save a bit more money and buy a Tesla. They will be driving themselves soon. This was a fun project but I think the next one will be a cruiser like a 1964 Lincoln. Maybe an old T-bird.

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
Was never a crazy Telsa fan as I'm of the opinion they "have yet to figure it out". Nevermind the quality control problems they have faced, but I was never a fan of their cars. Their interiors are blah and totally not worth what they ask for. I believe other automakers will catch up. Forget about trying to fix them yourself, Telsa will pretty much blacklist you if you try. I'll take any future Civic/Accord/ES350/LS460 all electric version vs a Telsa any day of the week. Then again, that is my opinion.

Will cars eventually drive themselves? Almost all new (near future) car will have some type of autonomy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts