8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just bought two oxygen sensors for my honda civic 2008 1.8L. once I received it it was not like the website! I did not try to fit them in my car yet. I have checked part No. on the website and package I have and it's a match. any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
For some parts, websites just use a generic photo of the general part. Things like solenoids, sensors, etc.

Just to be sure, when you swap out the sensors, make sure the new one plugs into the plug before removing the sensors themselves. If not, obviously a problem but if so, great.

THEN when you remove the old O2 sensors, just compare them to the new.

You probably knew all this anyways but the important thing - probably just a generic photo of the website is all. I mean it would take a lot to photograph and post pics of every different part.

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
O2 sensors is one of a few things that you should seriously only buy oem honda parts for. I'd return it and buy the genuine oem part, you'll thank me later.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine is an aftermarket one as well (upstream) and looks just like the one you received. I will buy the Denso unit when I get time and money.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd get Denso sensors. Bosch sucks.
Heh, I would not even trust Bosch windshield wash fluid if they had it.

One thing - I thought Denso was more of a Toyota brand, like of like how AC Delco is mostly GM or Motorcraft is mostly Ford?
I could be wrong.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am curious as I have contemplated replacing the oxygen sensors on my 2008 civic with 120,000 miles. I have already done the valve lash adjustment and spark plugs replacement. I am wondering if I am slightly below gas mileage at 25-27 city and 35-37 highway mpg. There is a slight smell at cold start that goes away when warmed up. Why are you changing them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts