8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone heres the deal. I want to get an HFP lip kit and HFP suspension for my 07 Si (fg2), so i went to my local dealer (Scholfield Honda) today after work and ask them about it. I asked them if they can match the price of the HFP suspension and the lip kit from CollegeHillsHonda and i was happy they said they can match it so. Then i asked them about the installation of it (the lip kit, me and my friend can install it with no problem but the suspension thats the problem). So i asked them much for the installation, took them about 10 mins to do some (paper research for the install price) so they told much it will cost me for the installation, and guess how much they are charging me for the installation?

F*CKING $800 for the HFP lip kit and suspension so i was like :eek:mg:. i said thanks anyway so off my way home i stop by FusionWorksRacing (they helped me with the installation of my AEM CAI nice people specially ray "the owner" so thats where im going for the installation of my upgrades) and asked them about it they said for all in all they will charge me $180-200 depends how long it will take>They give me approx time 3-3.5 hours, they charge $65 per hour on labor, so im like :eek:mg: Honda sure dont want to spare a single cent on my wallet

HONDA = MONEY SUCKER (Scholfield Honda, here in Wichita Kansas)

so guys ever had problem wiht your dealership like i just did today?

·
Registered
783 Posts
i DID get a good deal

I went into my local dealer today to order the HFP rear lip and retail is $349. I brought in a print out of the prices listed on majestic honda's site and I got them to match the $233 price. They asked how much shipping would have been from majestic and I told them I thought it was $14.95 or something around there, so they tacked that on and gave me a total of $249. (I guess I could have lied and said shipping was free, but I know majestic had like $14.95 for shipping, plus I think $4.95 for handling, and not to mention the unknown "oversized" shipping fee that people are talking about w/ majestic)

So after that they tried to add on tax on top of that but I complained and told them I thought it was only gonna be $249 flat rate so they discounted me $10 and i ended up paying $253 total for the HFP rear lip. When I'm ready to order the rest of the kit I will be going back in for the same price.

I think i got a pretty good deal.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I wanted to get my Rear Wing Spoiler, they wanted $585 Installed. So I went online instead and found it for $300 Shipped from Handa Accessories and ordered it there instead, and took it back to the dealer to install. They did it for $120 plus $65 to install my EX Rims which I bought off another vender. Saved myself $160 just on the spoiler!

I plan on doing that every single time too!

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
oh my god i have a chunk of tire missing but no leak i order a new tire for 240 bucks! wow...i wish i would have ordered off of here slightly used or new. I made note of that though

·
Registered
146 Posts
hey you guys i need help please message me back but like my sidemirror is broken and there is no paint damage on the outside its jus the mirror is cracked how do i fix it and i know honda is gonna charge me alot!!! any suggestions please help!!! if my dad finds out im soo screwdd!!!!! :((

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
mervinb said:
hey you guys i need help please message me back but like my sidemirror is broken and there is no paint damage on the outside its jus the mirror is cracked how do i fix it and i know honda is gonna charge me alot!!! any suggestions please help!!! if my dad finds out im soo screwdd!!!!! :((

Why would he be pissed? If it's your first car and he bought it for you then it's his own fault, everyone knows first cars should be used.

You can buy just the glass, I did it for my mom's Corolla, unless Honda is dumb now.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
the dealer told me to install fogs would cost me $600...
so now i'm getting them online for 100 and a friend is installing them for me....

and if i got the fogs with the sale of the car... they were going to add $$800 to the finance...

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
i got real good with a guy at my nearby honda and he charged me $300 to install the suspension and kit. fair enough for me. i def wouldnt pay $800!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts