Discussion Starter #1
From TOV:

Honda Announces New 2006 Civic HFP Packages

Date: November 01, 2005 15:25
Submitted by: RyanDL
Source: Honda Press Release
Credibility Rating: Not Specified

Las Vegas, NV 11/01/2005 --

Honda today announced an entire lineup of Honda Factory Performance(TM) (HFP(TM)) packages and components for the 2006 Civic Si, Civic Coupe and Civic Sedan. The packages include a sport suspension package upgrade, aerodynamic body kits, plus-size wheels and tires, and - for the first time ever - a sport muffler as part of the HFP catalog.

"Honda Factory Performance packages give the 2006 Civic a distinctive, custom appearance and a high degree of handling performance," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "All of the Honda-engineered and manufactured HFP components meet the same high level of engineering as the rest of the car."

The Civic Si HFP components include:

High-performance springs that reduce ride height by about one-inch and lower the vehicle's roll center

High-performance dampers tuned for enhanced road handling characteristics and decreased body roll

Sport muffler that enhances appearance and sound

18x7 alloy wheels (high-performance 215/40ZR-18 tires recommended)

Full aerodynamic body kit (front, sides and rear)

HFP Emblem

Suggested Retail Price: $3,880

The 2006 Civic Coupe and Civic Sedan Honda Factory Performance packages are available for the LX and EX trim levels and include:

High-performance springs that reduce ride height by about one-inch and lower the vehicle's roll center

High-performance dampers tuned for enhanced road-handling characteristics and decreased body roll

17x6.5 alloy wheels

Full aerodynamic body kit (front, sides and rear)

HFP emblem

Rear wing spoiler or lip spoiler on Sedans

Suggested Retail Price: $3,181 (Coupe) to $3,680 (Sedan)

The Civic Coupe and Civic Sedan Factory Performance kits feature Honda accessory alloy wheels. The recommended tires are the Michelin Pilot Exalto summer tires (215/45ZR-17), available separately. Each kit is specifically engineered and calibrated for the coupe and sedan and whether the vehicle is equipped with an automatic or a manual transmission.

The Honda Factory Performance packages will be available exclusively through Honda dealers nationwide starting in April, 2006, and can be installed by the dealer at the time of purchase. The packages provide the same factory warranty as the rest of the vehicle (3 years/36,000 miles). HFP components can also be purchased individually.

American Honda launched its performance accessory program in 2002 with the introduction of a Honda Factory Performance package for the Civic EX Coupe.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dunno about you, but for a factory upgrade, it sounds like an alright deal. A little on the pricey side though. Granted, I'll probably still go aftermarket.... :D

But it pisses me off Honda would announce the price for this and still not announce the Si's price. Grrr.....

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
el_ben2 said:
mmm to expensive for me
i will preffer a turbo kit!
^^^lol...well, there you go...solved that problem :D

I have to say, it's b.s. this wasn't available Sept. 15. I'm sure those who are interested and who've already purchased their Civic or will purchase the Si next month, like me, would've like to actually have this now...not in April. That's kinda wack. Aftermarket it is...

·
Registered
267 Posts
If aftermarket parts end up being about the same price as HFP is it better to go HFP or aftermarket? I don't know how good HFP parts are but I would think for the most part that any aftermarket part is gonna be better than the company designed performance part.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there's nothing like the fit and finish of a factory part, plus it's under warranty but I would say aftermarket for the flexibility, but that's just me

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree, to $$$

The only upgrades I am thinking of are Window tinting and maybe aftermarket rims.

·
Registered
36 Posts
has anyone even sen what this looks like? im curious. there hasn't been a pic of it yet. i fig. they would have had one at sema. no pic's taken yet?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
maybe its a fool question
but since in mexico isnt exist the HFP, does the US dealers sells the kit, springs and shock, etc. or its a special order? i mean if I go to an american dealer... the will have it or I need to place an order?

·
Registered
17 Posts
wickett said:
has anyone even sen what this looks like? im curious. there hasn't been a pic of it yet. i fig. they would have had one at sema. no pic's taken yet?
Here is the HFP kit on the sedan. It looks great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
civicdude06 said:
If aftermarket parts end up being about the same price as HFP is it better to go HFP or aftermarket? I don't know how good HFP parts are but I would think for the most part that any aftermarket part is gonna be better than the company designed performance part.
as far as aerodinamics go.. well i think i rather have honda desing that than a guy who makes a mold and starts putting out good looking parts with no wind testing... im not sure honda test them fisically but they prolly do on some 3d pc windtunnel or sum that costs and arm and a leg...

·
Registered
411 Posts
DumbasSi said:
I wonder what company makes the springs and dampers for Honda? H&R, Eibach, Tien?
My bet would be Showa, the same company that makes Honda's regular OEM stocks/struts/dampers. They also make the Mugen stuff. At least that's my best guess based on my experience with my RSX. I have the A-spec suspension in my '02 RSX, made by Showa, the company owned by Mr. Honda's son.

My $.02.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yep, Honda owns the majority shares of Showa, so Honda pretty much runs the show here.

Showa produces Honda OEM suspension components for cars and motorcycles. Showa also produces Mugen suspension kits...

iVTEC said:
My bet would be Showa, the same company that makes Honda's regular OEM stocks/struts/dampers. They also make the Mugen stuff. At least that's my best guess based on my experience with my RSX. I have the A-spec suspension in my '02 RSX, made by Showa, the company owned by Mr. Honda's son.

My $.02.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts