8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 359 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
resonator delete custom

did exactly the same thing. Open the cut the resonator but didnt use the rubber intake tube.

final Thoughts: 2k-4k feel like a lost torque; nevertheless, more power from 4k-6k and 6k -8k its about the same. just wondering if mpg decrease?

·
Registered
3 Posts
just passed all the day to make it ! final result is great ! a bit more drône in mid range, I tried bot method one was just to remove the resonator and leave the thing like that, it was ok BUT eventually getting heatsoak so,I decided to continue with the poor man icebox and I can really see a difference in sound, its much better with the icebox cutted trust me ! will see if I get better mileage its on a 2009 CSX base with the k20z2

·
Registered
3 Posts
just passed all the day to make it ! final result is great ! a bit more drône in mid range, I tried bot method one was just to remove the resonator and leave the thing like that, it was ok BUT eventually getting heatsoak so,I decided to continue with the poor man icebox and I can really see a difference in sound, its much better with the icebox cutted trust me ! will see if I get better mileage its on a 2009 CSX base with the k20z2
UPDATE:

if you have a base csx DONT DO IT, I was happy at first BUT after some times the car gett sluggish at low/mid rpm, and since we don't pass all the time in the high rev the car feel much slower !, I DO get better mileage cause of less good air coming in the engine but that,s all...

and if you are like me and want to buy another resonator assembly use its impossible to find and brand new the part number is 17230-RRA-A00 is have a value of 231,71$ CAN, VS the SI wish is only 53,71$ and its not the same box and I really dont know if its fit !

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just finshed my setup routed the bottom of the box to a 3 inch hose attached to a velocity stack from foglight whole...throttle response def improved def feel more pull because now tires break loose a little earlier in front only mod besides full race 3inch..vtec engagment is very smooth but it def pulls better...not claiming 10 hp or anything but def like 3-5 between 4k-6k it felt like it would choke at that point until vtec now it just pulls

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey guys, I just did this homemade icebox intake mod but for some reason my car is ALOT quieter now. There is like literally no vtec crossover at all and all I hear is rev noise. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
74 Posts
loool, yeah i think i figured it out, my flashpro tune was messed up so just had to reflash.
Vtec definetely sounds more airy and less deep/aggressive. Still a little bummed out as it is a little quieter but at least I get more airflow ;p

·
Registered
3 Posts
loool, yeah i think i figured it out, my flashpro tune was messed up so just had to reflash.
Vtec definetely sounds more airy and less deep/aggressive. Still a little bummed out as it is a little quieter but at least I get more airflow ;p
I will second this...It's a really good free mod, but i'm also really bummed that the deep growl is gone. Almost not worth it. The good news is that it's definitely a little faster after a retune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could you fit a cone filter on the end of the tube as well? Perhaps just so you dont have to change/clean your airbox drop in filter as often? Could possibly make it sound better as well, maybe even use one as your main filter and hve an empty stock box?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates from fellas running this mod long term? Is it still keeping the throttle response? Also any comparison of running Flashpro with MAF vs MAP?

341 - 359 of 359 Posts