8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive had my '11 fg2 for about 2 weeks now and i already started modding, i got a good deal on a injen short ram intake so i bought that.(next mod is FP just saving my pennies) well anyway i was wondering has anyone made a heatshield for a short ram cause it puts the filter pretty close to the header, i know its not meant to be sucking cold air or else it would have been routed somewhere differently. I was thinking about taking some aluminum and making a box that cuts off the header and part of the engine, maybe spraying it with hi-temp header paint or header wrap to keep it cool....opinions?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys i never updated, all I did was take a piece of aluminum and paint it with header coating and bent it to fit inbeyween the motor and the intake I will post pics tomorrow, I'm not sure if it actually worked because I never had flash pro to check my air temps but I can't see it hurting me, and I didn't wrap anything it was just a quick little heatshield

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Metal conducts heat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Some people have use the stock box gutted out and made a little wider to go over the new intake pipe actling like a intake shield...just another idea to toss out there

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm also looking to make a custom heat shield, specifically like the one sold by CT-Engineering. Has anyone successfully done this? I'm looking for specs/dimensions to save myself some time. I've seen some people cut up black rubbermaid trash bins and lined the edges with black weatherstrip which seems like a great affordable idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts