8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice!

Nice, i did this same thing but used high quality black vinyl, Had a black leather look.... Took me like an hour to hand sew it but it turned out great.. The stock shift boot was ripping at the very top where the knob is. Looks great. and had some vinyl left over from upholstering my crotch rocket seat.... it was $20 per yd.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Same here, I got some marine waterproof leather and made a shift boot using this method, Ill have to post some pics up here in the next few days, and I can make two more with leftover materials if someone wants one!

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Thanks so much for DIY!, i finally got around to making Mine!

i think its awesome, i realize some ppl wont like it though.. dont care cause i like it.. regardless, let me know what yall think, if ppl really liked em i was contemplating making a few extras to sell..
also, im going to be rewrapping the Shift knob in the same fabric as the boot. and it will really set it off i think..

anyways heres a b4 and 2 afters

Before:

New boot 1:

New boot 2:

Pix taken with Camera Phone...
I think it looks great, and was maybe contemplating redoing my door fabric with it.. but idk if it would be too much,

·
Registered
6 Posts
they make fabric markers that come in every color. itll show up on fabric and disappears in a few hrs. try that besides a sharpie. good diy btw :clapping:

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
I am so glad to see this on here. I bought material a long time ago and got a lot of it because I want to do my doors too but I sewed 2 different boots and they came out like crap because I only did one line so this is exactly the directions I needed.

Great DIY and thank you again. Will be doing this hopefully this week sometime.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts