8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like there are a bunch of progression threads. I thought I'd share my ride as well :wavey:... First off, some basic facts:
2006 Honda Civic Coupe DX-G (Yes, a DX-G... there aren't many around that I know of, I'm pretty proud of how it's turned out)
Purchased: May 2006

Stage one:
Dealer license plate frame - taken off
Dealer sticker - taken off
Civic badge - taken off

Stage two:
Fully detailed - clayed, polished, waxed, sealed.

Stage three:
Went through my ricer stage. I was obsessed with mugen, I admit that I was bit by the rice bug. Fortunately, I did not do anything horrendous to my car. I would like to announce that I have been cured. Proof will be shown later.
Genuine Mugen badge
MOMO shift boot
MOMO shift knob (was a nice weighted knob too)

Stage four:
Custom Magnaflow Catback exhaust
VHT Nightshades tinted tail lights

Stage five:
Eurolite 6000K HID's
Eurolite Hyper white License plate LED's

Stage six:
Injen Cold Air Intake
Mugen Reservoir Covers

Stage seven:
HFP Front Lip
HFP Rear Lip

Stage eight:
I.C.E.
JL 10w1 Sub
JL e-2150 2-channel Amplifier
Custom 35 degree sealed box
Custom JL engraved logo
Custom painted trim ring

Stage nine:
Wheels & Tires
104 days of waiting
WORK Emotion XT7's
17x7, +43eta, Matte Bronze
Kumho Ecsta SPT - 215/45/17

Stage ten:
Tint
15% - 3 back
35% - 2 front

Stage eleven:
Suspension
Function/Form Type II Coilovers

Stage twelve:
New Exhaust
Greddy Ti-C
60mm

Stage thirteen:
Present

Stage fourteen:
This is how it sits today. The car is dirty, but the picture shows a lot of the modifications except for the internal ones.
Missing:
Skunk2 10th Anniversary Shift knob
Auger Shift boot
CIVIC floor mats

The end... for now! It's winter, I can't really do anything about my car now. I'll update the thread when I get new things. you start to get to a point where you just don't know what else to do to the car. :coffee:

Let me know what you guys think! Comments and criticism welcome! :iorun:

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, that is a huge transformation! looks a million times better! and love the works!
Thanks! I can agree with ya! haha I hated stock

very beautiful

but why so much money into a dx?
well.. I'm in college. My parents bought me this car for a "congratulations" on getting in. I can't turn it down or say "I want an Si instead".. believe me, I wanted an Si.. but I was happy with this. it's got everything I need - AC, power everything, center console, AUX input.

very nice progress. got any more mods planned?
thank you! as of now.. not yet, I recently got a dSLR so a lot of my money is going into that haha. any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Looks good and i love what you have do to it +1.

Don't listen to all the negative comments about why so much into a Dx, last time i check it is a car and it has the same engine as the Ex so why not:hitit:

On a side note, i notice your seats are different than mine(Lx) are they?

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good and i love what you have do to it +1.

Don't listen to all the negative comments about why so much into a Dx, last time i check it is a car and it has the same engine as the Ex so why not:hitit:

On a side note, i notice your seats are different than mine(Lx) are they?
That's the thing. The handles and mirrors aren't coloured, but you don't notice it much on NHBP.

Thanks!
I don't think they are different. Perhaps just the colour?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks! I can agree with ya! haha I hated stock

well.. I'm in college. My parents bought me this car for a "congratulations" on getting in. I can't turn it down or say "I want an Si instead".. believe me, I wanted an Si..

you realize all the money on your mods you could have added the cash in and bought the SI :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
35,845 Posts
well.. I'm in college. My parents bought me this car for a "congratulations" on getting in. I can't turn it down or say "I want an Si instead".. believe me, I wanted an Si.. but I was happy with this. it's got everything I need - AC, power everything, center console, AUX input.
ohh i see. i didnt intend it as a negative comment, more out of curiousity, but nevertheless its lookin hot. i love that drop dude haha

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
That's the thing. The handles and mirrors aren't coloured, but you don't notice it much on NHBP.

Thanks!
I don't think they are different. Perhaps just the colour?
Might be the color, but i kind of see little small dots on there. eather way that makes no difference lol, i don't know how i notice that in the first place.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Nice transformation. Very tastefully done.

you realize all the money on your mods you could have added the cash in and bought the SI :eek:hsnap:
Umm... not really.

There is already about a $7,000 price difference in the MSRP between the DX-G and Si - $19,780 and $26,680. Keep in mind you can probably talk the price down of the DX-G to about ~$1000 or more off of the MSRP. Factor in the differences in taxes, insurance, interest rates (assuming you finance both) and you're looking at well over $10,000 in differences. Not even close. All Canadians are paying $32K+ OTD for their Si's. That's with absolutely no add-ons and navigation.

The Canadian prices of the Civic are insane. Our DX-G OTD is pretty much your Si price OTD...

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Very nice transformation. I love the drop! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Nice transformation. Very tastefully done.

Umm... not really.

There is already about a $7,000 price difference in the MSRP between the DX-G and Si - $19,780 and $26,680. Keep in mind you can probably talk the price down of the DX-G to about ~$1000 or more off of the MSRP. Factor in the differences in taxes, insurance, interest rates (assuming you finance both) and you're looking at well over $10,000 in differences. Not even close. All Canadians are paying $32K+ OTD for their Si's. That's with absolutely no add-ons and navigation.

The Canadian prices of the Civic are insane. Our DX-G OTD is pretty much your Si price OTD...
:yeahthat: Damn Canadian retailers.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Hey Hoanger! the car looks clean! and very stealthy! hows the weather there? supposed to get more snow tonight,and sad about the shooting we've had here eh? whats the world coming to with the mall shooting,Virgina tech and now two churches..

1 - 20 of 71 Posts